SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
And she just keeps coming back for more

https://www.glamour.com/story/...ius-while-im-a-fraud

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Paul Ryan Was Elected at 28 and Called 'a Genius' While I'm a 'Fraud'

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Alexandria for President in 2020 !!!! Big Grin

Run Alexandria run. See Alexandria run.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Paul Ryan Was Elected at 28 and Called 'a Genius' While I'm a 'Fraud'

So I just read that editorial and damn near puked! No it's not a double standard of men and women, it's a single standard of intelligence.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Who knew America’s road to perdition would be so entertaining.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

So I just read that editorial and damn near puked! No it's not a double standard of men and women, it's a single standard of intelligence.
"Women like Ocasio-Cortez are the future, and if that means cutting through all the sexist noise with wit, brains, and a voice that doesn't sound like it's been run through 47 political consultants before posting a tweet, I'm in."

I'm still trying to stop laughing at that one. If these nitwits are truly going to put all their support behind Occasional Cortex as being the 'future', then I'd also have to question their mental abilities/intelligence. Wow!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
If she wants to hang herself give her the rope.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Hey-Macarena is now claiming Jewish heritage.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...y-at-hanukkah-party/
We don't want her.

If she really is Jewish, I will give serious consideration to converting to Christianity.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If she really is Jewish, I will give serious consideration to converting to Christianity.

If you’re that ambivalent about your religion, why not go all the way to atheism? We’d be happy to have another professed unbeliever join the ranks, and as a bonus you can be certain that no (well, hardly any) American politician would ever admit in public to being an atheist. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

To be fair, I think Paul Ryan is a fraud also.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the equivalent of Obama having descended from slaves.

Link

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
This is the equivalent of Obama having descended from slaves.

And both claims could be true (although the Abomination’s claim is more likely), but so what? Why should anyone care in the slightest unless they’re looking for something to bolster their faith in someone in the clear absence of anything else to believe in?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
And both claims could be true (although the Abomination’s claim is more likely), but so what? Why should anyone care in the slightest unless they’re looking for something to bolster their faith in someone in the clear absence of anything else to believe in?

Agreed. Along the lines of Beto implying he has Mexican “roots”.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We don't want her.

Had to chuckle at the first part, then saw the bit posted later.

You've nothing to worry about, friend, but you are very welcome Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

To be fair, I think Paul Ryan is a fraud also.
But we're not talking about being a fraud, we're talking about being mind numbingly stupid. Ryan is many things but he darn sure isn't stupid. Occasional Cortex sets the bar for stupid.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

If you’re that ambivalent about your religion, why not go all the way to atheism? We’d be happy to have another professed unbeliever join the ranks, and as a bonus you can be certain that no (well, hardly any) American politician would ever admit in public to being an atheist. Wink

Got room for an agnostic Jew in your crew?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
V-Tail & Skins,

Not only was Jesus a Jew, but you’ll find more hardcore Zionists among the ranks of the WASPs these days, yours truly included, than you will in most synagogues and you both know it.

Come on in! We serve coffee and bagels!

As for AOC, I pray she keeps it up at the pace she’s been going. A professional colleague of mine, whom I have to deal with on at least a weekly basis, happens to be the majority whip in the lower chamber of our state legislature, so a hard leftist. Since I’ve been texting him AOC memes, he’s chilled out a lot on trying to bait me with Trump’s latest tweets. Big Grin

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
A professional colleague of mine, whom I have to deal with on at least a weekly basis, happens to be the majority whip in the lower chamber of our state legislature, so a hard leftist. Since I’ve been texting him AOC memes, he’s chilled out a lot on trying to bait me with Trump’s latest tweets. Big Grin

-Rob
That sounds like a similar ploy to the single guy who was always being poked at by the matrons at weddings saying "You're next!" He stopped it by saying the same thing to them at funerals....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
A possible glimpse into the near future as this younger voting bloc becomes more powerful? I fear the answer is yes.

Vox mocked for seeking constitutional overhaul so Ocasio-Cortez can run for president

Liberal political website Vox is getting accused of jumping the shark after publishing an appeal to “fix the Constitution ASAP” so that 29-year-old incoming Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can run for president – claiming “there’s no time like the present to start working to abolish arbitrary qualifications.”

Wednesday's lengthy piece, “It’s ridiculous that it’s unconstitutional for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to run for president,” declared that everyone from immigrants to recent college grads should be eligible.

Vox co-founder and senior correspondent Matthew Yglesias wrote that “phenomenon” Ocasio-Cortez “is the biggest star in the Democratic Party,” and therefore it is “completely ridiculous” that the Constitution makes anyone under the age of 35 ineligible to run for president of the United States.

“There’s nothing wrong with old people per se, but essentially everyone has lost a step or two both mentally and physically by their mid-70s,” Yglesias wrote. “The really awful thing about being old is that you just keep getting older over time.”

Even Ocasio-Cortez pushed back on the premise:

“How about... no,” she wrote. “Sometimes political media is too fixated on personalities instead of policies. The whole country JUST went through an exhausting midterm election. We need a break.”

“This is truly Vox’s jump the shark moment. Not exactly sure how you can claim to be anything other than pure parody when you are publishing pieces like this. I guess they believe - wrongly - that all publicity - even negative publicity- is good,” conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News.

NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck told Fox News that Vox is “supposed to be knowledgeable and explain things to the masses” but “always finds a way to baffle people by showing that they're the ones who struggle with basic facts and trying to explain things.”

“Vox is quickly becoming a parody of itself and this fantasy of wanting her to be president even though she hasn't been sworn in yet is ludicrous,” Houck said. “At least Barack Obama had served in the state Senate and then the U.S. Senate for a few years and could have claimed to have had some experience in office.”

Yglesias argued that “young is better than old” and suggested America would be better off with Ocasio-Cortez than an older candidate such as Bernie Sanders, 77, or the 76-year-old Joe Biden.

“We’re sitting here in the winter of 2018 talking about filling a presidential term that won’t start until 2021 — with an inevitable reelection campaign in 2024 for a term that wouldn’t end until early 2029,” Yglesias wrote.

Yglesias noted that people even younger are often “trusted with life-and-death situations in a huge array of contexts” such as having children and serving in the military.

“The constitutional prohibition on people under the age of 35 serving as president is just one of these weird lacuna that was handed down to us from the 18th century but that nobody would seriously propose creating today if not for status quo bias,” he wrote.

Yglesias even argued that her "AOC" nickname works in her favor.

“Is having a nickname a sign that you would exercise good judgment in the Oval Office? Absolutely not. But it’s proof positive that she’s an honest-to-goodness political superstar, and it’s clear that’s what many Democrats are looking for in 2020,” he wrote.

Yglesias tweeted that “AOC should run for president and dare the Supreme Court to stop her.” His message was met with an onslaught of criticism online.

“It’s amazing someone gives you a paycheck,” one user wrote while another added, “I get that you don’t like old people, but you’re going to be one someday, so maybe lay off the hatred for now.”

The argument for changing the presidential requirements is among a host of ideas being floated on the left for major constitutional overhauls in response to President Trump's administration and, most recently, the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Critics have floated packing the Supreme Court, overhauling the Electoral College and considering term limits on the high court in response.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...an-run-for-president

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When you're stupider than a sack of hammers, I don't give a flying popcorn fart if you're 90 years old. You shouldn't hold the highest office in the land. Plain and simple...[JSMH]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post