SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If you want to make that money, in 2020, launch a challenge to your congresscritter.
Sorry, but I have an IQ quite a bit above room temp and an aversion to working with lying, criminal, filth, so I'll stick to earning an honest living.

And as to her skill set running for office, I think its far more the complete emptiness of the heads of her constituents than it is anything she can or did do. She also happens to be the right skin tone for that district, which in today's world, means almost everything. We have a new county mayor in Orange County Florida who is too ignorant to read multi-syllable words, but he was the right skin color for a majority of the voters. Lucky us.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I predict this young woman will self destruct in her first term without a mentor.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Maybe she can room with Al Franken.

( Yes, I know. Wink )

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I'm calling bullshit to her not being able to find an affordable apartment in DC. There are plenty of housing available in SE & NE DC. Wink Within blocks of the capital also. She might have to put up with sirens & gunshots every night, but she's a woman of the people, right?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You're describing most politicians. She's no different.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ She's where she is because the voters in her district are even more ignorant than she is. She has learned to parrot the right phrases when she talks, but has no real idea what any of them actually mean or would entail. She is a real empty dress. Physicists seeking a perfect vacuum should check between her ears....

flashguy

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
and she wants free tuition to the electoral college

Classic - on multiple levels! Big Grin

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'll take January 10, 2019 for this woman's first "Do you know who I am?" video.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
and she wants free tuition to the electoral college

Classic - on multiple levels! Big Grin

HA!

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Hey Macarana!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
Shows my utter lack of understanding, but don't they have to live in their district in order to run in the first place? So as others have asked, where has she been living? And doesn't she still have to keep a residence in her district? She can't just move to DC right? Because then she wouldn't be a resident of her district?
She can move and still maintain a residence in NY. The founders never anticipated career politicians, you were supposed to attend congress in session and then return home afterwards. She doesn't have to move, plenty of reps live in their offices.

As to where she lives now, well, rent control I would guess...

Yeah but that's what I'm wondering about. She must already have a residence in NY right? And it's one that she has to keep. So why the hell does she need an apartment in DC prior to taking office? I get that you probably want to get situated, but maybe you might just have to stay in a hotel a couple weeks in January until you find a roommate.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Her whining is just to get some free rent or gift money for rent. I can assure you she can walk into any bank asking the president for loan money based on her new income & position. She will have funds in an hour & the bank will have a new friend.

This complaining is just her pitch selling herself.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I for one, applaud her for having the courage to bring attention to the plight of what working class newly elected Congress members have to endure in the 3 mo prior to getting a 6 figure salary, pension, and pork for life.

I was thinking about her election today. In a district like that, all she had to do is beat a stuffy old has-been in the primary and it was a lock. I now get why she was talking in those interviews as-if she was already a member of Congress when she had just won a primary. She pretty much was, it was a given.

Combined with the name-change thread about the Cook Co. judge. A person could totally find a ripe district and game the system in a similar fashion. How long does it take to establish residency for the purpose of a House or Senate run?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
How long does it take to establish residency for the purpose of a House or Senate run?
In my mind, the most famous carpetbagger in recent history is Hillary Clinton’s US Senate run in 2000. I found this, “The Supreme Court has ruled that the states must accept as an “inhabitant” anyone who has lived in the state for 30 days before the election. New York, though, is especially lax on the residency requirement. A candidate must only have a New York residence on the day of the election.”

Not sure if laws have changed since then.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
She had the skill set to beat a ten term incumbent senior member of the House of Representitives

Her handlers had the skill. She is a vacuous useless eater.

She's a plant. Just like another prominent politician from recent history. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Go fund me page Headline

Now that you voted me into congress please help the homeless.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post