SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
1% reporting and AOC is up 1,934 v. 668.

Mail in ballots won't be fullly counted until the end of the month and that should favor the challenger.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I really hope she is one and done.

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I don't have a lot of confidence that the vote count, whatever the outcome, will be legit.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the state BOE with 100% of the districts in she has 70%(16,000 votes) of the vote with her closest competitor at just shy of 20%(4,400 votes). The people in her district must be unbelievably stupid.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'm kind of surprised she hasn't come out and said "Even though it's fake, I support it."

Look, for chrissakes, I know the woman is an idiot, but she's not retarded. She would never say such a thing publicly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She took 60% of the vote.

I can't wait until they gerrymander her out

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I am afraid AOC is here to stay for awhile. Huge margin of victory for a supposedly dumb barista. She knows how to keep herself in the public eye.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone be surprised that popular, high profile politicians—no matter how stupid and even damaging to their constituents their policies, principles, and practices—get reelected? This result was as unexpected as the sun's rising this morning. There have been innumerable examples of that just in my lifetime, and anyone who hasn't seen it hasn't been paying attention.
Which is part of the reason why such things happen. Over and over and over.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'm kind of surprised she hasn't come out and said "Even though it's fake, I support it."

Look, for chrissakes, I know the woman is an idiot, but she's not retarded. She would never say such a thing publicly.
She might not say it publicly, but she most definitely is retarded.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
To use any descriptor in that classification is kind of a sleight to the mentally challenged if you ask me.

I prefer galactically stupid. She should be teaching typewriter maintenance at the Rocko-Clubbo school for women.

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cortez pal Ilhan Omar may have a primary problem

https://hotair.com/archives/ed...-raised-millions-q2/

Has Ilhan Omar grown too radical even for the heart of Minneapolis? New FEC filings in the DFL primary for her seat in Congress show Omar in serious trouble

The Star Tribune reported yesterday that challenger Antone Melton-Meaux raised seven times as much money as Omar, scoring $3.2 million against Omar’s $471K. Melton-Meaux now has twice as much cash on hand ahead of the August 11 primary

The difference is staggering, especially when dealing with a congressional incumbent in a primary. Challengers simply don’t get that kind of attention from in-party voters under normal circumstances

A couple of weeks ago, the “Squad” announced that it would partner on fundraising to keep themselves in Congress:

U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar and the other three members of the group known as “the Squad” launched a joint fundraising committee to support their re-elections.

Omar, along with U.S. Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, recently announced they are creating the Squad Victory Fund. They’ll use it to back their re-election campaigns and political action committees, which can provide support to other candidates.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
AOC wins another one. DEMs moving more and more into radical territory

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...feats-engel-new-york

AOC-backed Jamaal Bowman defeats powerful Dem Rep. Engel in New York race

Jamaal Bowman:
"I’m a Black man who was raised by a single mother in a housing project.

That story doesn’t usually end in Congress.

But today, that 11-year old boy who was beaten by police is about to be your next Representative."

The Associated Press called the race for Jamaal Bowman, a former middle school principal and first-time candidate, on Friday, more than three weeks after the June 23 primary election.

Riding a wave of support from the biggest names on the left – including Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, and first-term Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York -- Bowman defeated Engel by a rougly 15-point margin in the primary in New York’s 16th Congressional District, which encompasses parts of the New York City borough of the Bronx and portions of neighboring southern Westchester County.

Many votes in the primary were cast by mail, and some have still yet to be counted.

But an AP analysis of absentee ballots that had been counted so far indicated Friday that Bowman’s lead is too far from Engel to overcome.

Bowman’s victory is being compared to Ocasio-Cortez’s blockbuster 2018 upset primary victory over longtime Democratic Rep. Joe Crowley, which created political shockwaves

Engel, who’s served in Congress for over three decades, has a national profile as the leader of the House Foreign Relations Committee.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
GOP Lawmaker Calls AOC 'Fu*king Disgusting B*tch' Who's 'Out Of Her Freaking Mind' Over BLM Looting Excuses

In a confrontation overheard by a journalist, Yoho - who was leaving the building after having just voted, approached AOC as she walked up the stairs - telling her that she was "disgusting" for her recent suggestion that poverty and unemployment have created a situation where looters "feel like they either need to shoplift some bread or go hungry that night."

Yoho reportedly then called her a "Fucking bitch," according to The Hill.

AOC responded to the incident in a tweet, writing "I never spoke to Rep. Yoho before he decided to accost me on the steps of the nation’s Capitol yesterday," adding "Believe it or not, I usually get along fine w/ my GOP colleagues. We know how to check our legislative sparring at the committee door. But hey, “b----es” get stuff done."

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ind-over-blm-looting

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I've heard protesters call government officials, i.e. police officer, far worse. He was just exercising his 1st amendment right to protest, just like those poor souls that AOC defends.

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
AOC responded to the incident in a tweet

Reading some of the tweets supporting her, I continue to be amazed. It may be comet time.

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It's well past comet time.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
one small comet through her office...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Now she’s going after military recruitment.

https://www.militarytimes.com/...ily%20News%20Roundup

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Meet the newest member of the AOC squad...
Roll Eyes

AOC Redux: St. Louis voters defeat 10-term machine incumbent, hand Dem nomination for Congress to radical Ferguson riots leader Cori Bush

Like her friend and ally Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Cori Bush defeated an incumbent machine Democrat for the Democrats' nomination for Congress in a heavily blue district. Come November, a new member of Congress will be elected to join AOC's "Squad," representing the black-majority Missouri First Congressional District.

Cori Bush on CNN last night (Twitter video screen grab).

CBS News reports:

Cori Bush, a onetime homeless woman who led protests following a white police officer's fatal shooting of a Black 18-year-old in Ferguson, ousted longtime Rep. William Lacy Clay Tuesday in Missouri's Democratic primary, ending a political dynasty that has spanned more than a half-century. Bush's victory came in a rematch of 2018, when she failed to capitalize on a national Democratic wave that favored political newcomers such as Bush's friend, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

This time she was able to pull out the victory winning 49%-46%, CBS affiliate KMOV-TV reports. Bush's supporters said protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis and outrage over racial injustice finally pushed her over the edge.

An emotional Bush, speaking to supporters while wearing a mask, said few people expected her to win.

The incumbent Bush defeated, William Lacy Clay, inherited his seat from his father. Between the two of them, the family had represented St. Louis for 52 years. Like the incumbent Joe Crowley defeated by AOC, Lacy Clay had been denounced for ignoring his district and spending most of his time in D.C. But unlike Crowley, Clay is black, was endorsed by the Congressional Black Caucus, and in 2018 defeated Bush by 20 points in the primary. So it is clear that Democrat primary voters have moved left and that the insurgent radical left in the Democrat party has gained significant resources in the interim.

Fox News reports:

Bush's 48.9% to 45.5% victory is yet another win for Justice Democrats, the group that backed the successful primary challenges by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and educator Jamaal Bowman over powerful Democrat Reps. Joe Crowley, D-N.Y., in 2018 and Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., in June, respectively.

"They counted us out," Bush said after her Tuesday win. "They called me — I'm just the protester, I'm just the activist with no name, no title and no real money. That's all they said that I was. But St. Louis showed up today."

The 10-term Clay was defending a seat that's been represented by his family for more than half a century. The incumbent succeeded his father – the late Rep. William Clay Sr. – who held the St. Louis-area seat for more than 30 years and was one of the founders of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Bernie Sanders is delighted, of course:

Mr. Sanders tweeted congratulations to Ms. Bush. "She is a true progressive who stands with working people and will take on the corporate elite of this country when she gets to Congress," he said.

The Democrat party is moving farther to the left. This victory should be a signal to voters in swing districts that voting for the Democrat, no matter how centrist he may claim to be, is handing power to the radical Marxists who would ruin America if able.

https://www.americanthinker.co...eader_cori_bush.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't applaud the primary victory of Cori Bush given her positions, statements and alignments, this is more of a problem for the Dems than anyone else. As I read it, William Lacy Clay, who took over his father's position, is simply another in a long-line of Dems who've refused to learn that all of their policies they've supported, haven't amounted to any improvement to the people they supposedly represent.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post