SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that is true, she may not be as smart as she appears. I’d have thought she’d have a better chance staying a D and primarying Occasional Kotex.

I agree. Her best chance to win would be in the primary as a D.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Does it really matter? Bloomberg changed his affiliation to Republican so he wouldn't have to face competition in the Democrat primaries and won.

The Evil, Lying Harpy from The Burning Pits of Hell moved to NY specfically to win a U.S. Senate seat there. So New Yorkers elected an Arkansan to represent them.

Michiganians, well, Detroiters, elected Tliab, so I guess we've no room to brag, but, still...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Read this and understand Cenk Uygur is responsible for the Justice Democrats, the group who ran AOC for Congress, and the group in my opinion who are the most dangerous threat to the future of this country.

Democrats Should Unify Behind AOC, Not Pelosi

When people say that Democrats should unify, the part they leave out is most important: Around what? Nearly everyone in Washington seems to assume that progressives should shut up, accept their place, and unify around the status quo.

Think about what an arrogant and preposterous request that is. Progressive leaders, including our representatives in Congress, should abandon all of our policy positions and sell out our voters to please the Democratic establishment. Saying “hell no” to that would be an enormous understatement.

If Democratic leaders don’t want to fight Donald Trump, that’s their problem, not ours. We signed up to rout him and send him home. If you’re not on board with that, get out of the way and let us do it. Democratic voters were clear in 2018 that they want Mr. Trump impeached. Yet again last week Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her allies blocked an opportunity by tabling Rep. Al Green’s resolution.

Unlike Mr. Green, I don’t think we need to discuss President Trump’s political or racial ideology to favor impeachment. The president has clearly committed two crimes. Robert Mueller’s report outlines double-digit instances of obstruction of justice. That’s a felony. Michael Cohen confirmed that Mr. Trump worked with him to pay hush money to Stormy Daniels in violation of campaign-finance laws—a crime for which Mr. Cohen is in prison.

That’s apparently still not enough for Mrs. Pelosi. There is not a single public official doing more to protect Mr. Trump than she is. Even Attorney General William Barr couldn’t stop an impeachment inquiry if he tried. The only person who has the power to seek justice against Mr. Trump steadfastly refuses to pursue him. The only thing Mrs. Pelosi appears to be resisting is holding Mr. Trump accountable.

Democratic powder to fight Republicans is forever dry. Detention centers without any constraints? Check. Defeating an amendment to prohibit the Pentagon from housing kids at the military facilities? Check. Continuing to let Mr. Trump run roughshod through a House the Democrats control is an abdication of responsibility. Democrats have been surrendering to the GOP for as long as I have been alive. That is part of the reason we formed the Justice Democrats—because we’re sick of the nonstop capitulation. It’s time for strong Democrats. Justice is coming.

Then Mrs. Pelosi makes the absurd point that we don’t want to waste our time fighting or impeaching Trump because that would take time away from policy. What policy? She calls the Green New Deal, the “green dream or whatever.” She says she has 30-year-old “signs about single payer” in her basement but insists we aren’t ready for it.

Progressives have been asking for a vote on the minimum wage for six months. Mrs. Pelosi said she’d hold one within the first 100 hours. When she didn’t, the rationale was that some conservative Democrats objected. So what? Let them vote no and it’ll pass easily anyway. We were right. After enormous pressure by progressives, finally the House voted Thursday. Only six Democrats opposed it.

So Mrs. Pelosi allowed six corporate Democrats to hold up that legislation for six months—but God forbid a progressive Democrat ever objects to leadership. Then we’ll have a national controversy over how insolent young progressive women are.

The overwhelming majority of Democratic voters want to fight Mr. Trump and pass progressive priorities. If the Democrats unify around anything, it should be around their voters, who clearly prefer the positions of Justice Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. If the pundits really believe in unity—as opposed to submission to the establishment—they will support the logical conclusion that the Democratic Party should unify around AOC, not Mrs. Pelosi.

Mr. Uygur is creator and a co-host of “The Young Turks” and a co-founder of the Justice Democrats.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Cenk, and the Young Democraps represent the east coast liberal cities as well as the lefty west.

He's not counting the "Deplorables," those of us who work, served and love this country, th shrill harpy before him thought she was all but ascended to the throne.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Democrats Should Unify Behind AOC, Not Pelosi

I am 100% in support of this!

There will be an ass-whipping of the Democrat party next year like you haven't seen in 30 maybe 40 years if they are this unhinged and stupid.

Go for it, Dems! Big Grin

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If Cenk got what he wants for this country, it would be the 3rd world cesspool his family left.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
If Cenk got what he wants for this country, it would be the 3rd world cesspool his family left.

But unlike the cesspool he left, in his vision for this country he sees himself as one of the ruling class. As all leftists do.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

But unlike the cesspool he left, in his vision for this country he sees himself as one of the ruling class. As all leftists do.

This is making the rounds on FB right now. Perfect!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very well stated, and true!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A new sitcom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bhdUNuT5RQ

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I love how she appropriates the POC label. She's a POC if the color is lily white.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I just received an email from retired NYPD Cop and high school civics teacher from the the Bronx John Cummings asking for donations for his run against AOC.

It hit me: Just think about how eager people will be to contribute to someone's/anyone's campaign to replace her in the next election.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I just received an email from retired NYPD Cop and high school civics teacher from the the Bronx John Cummings asking for donations for his run against AOC.

It hit me: Just think about how eager people will be to contribute to someone's/anyone's campaign to replace her in the next election.
Unfortunately, they are not likely to be from her district.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

Unfortunately, they are not likely to be from her district.

Well hell, even SHE isn't from her district!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
GOP congressional candidate looks to take AOC’s seat in 2020 election

Jul. 25, 2019 - 3:59 - Congressional candidate Scherie Murray (R-N.Y.) takes aim at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.).

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...53001/#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post