SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Appliance Brad: New Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Appliance Brad: New Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Question Login/Join 
posted
We are looking at buying replacement set of washer and dryer as our current set of Cabrio Platinum has to stay with the house we are selling. A concern we have run into with the new models is our ability to control the water temp setting and actually getting hot water when we select hot water. I've read the new auto temp control greatly reduces the temp of the water used in the machine, regardless what temp you have your hot water heater set. For instance if we get 120 degree hot water at the tap, we're concerned we may actually only get 85 degree hot water in the washer tub due to the auto temp control. If so, any way around it?

Lastly, what is best recommendation for new washer and dryer set? How about refrigerator?

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
No way around the auto temp, the Feds regulate max inlet temp at 105 degrees on hot. But if you have your WH set at 115, you should have the 105 on Hot wash.

I like the Maytag Bravos/Whirlpool Cabrio in high efficiency washers but for durability and washability, you can't beat Speed Queen.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do only the HE Energy Star washers that have this auto temp control? Will the Speed Queen washer have this?

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
No way around the auto temp, the Feds regulate max inlet temp at 105 degrees on hot. But if you have your WH set at 115, you should have the 105 on Hot wash.

I like the Maytag Bravos/Whirlpool Cabrio in high efficiency washers but for durability and washability, you can't beat Speed Queen.

i may looking soon what would you get mechanical or electronic controls on the Speed Queen

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post