SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you pay for someone to change your oil?????
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you pay for someone to change your oil????? Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I do it myself. Changing oil is a method of relaxation for me. I take my time and let the oil drain for an hour. Might even take a nap on the creeper. Big Grin

I'll rotate the tires, check the hoses, brake pads and a general look around to make sure everything is okay. When I rotate the tires, I'll check to make sure they're wearing even and there are not objects stuck in them. Did an oil change and tire rotation for a friend, found a nail stuck in the tread. Told her and she took it to the shop and got it plugged.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I do it myself. Changing oil is a method of relaxation for me. I take my time and let the oil drain for an hour. Might even take a nap on the creeper. Big Grin

I'll rotate the tires, check the hoses, brake pads and a general look around to make sure everything is okay. When I rotate the tires, I'll check to make sure they're wearing even and there are not objects stuck in them. Did an oil change and tire rotation for a friend, found a nail stuck in the tread. Told her and she took it to the shop and got it plugged.

It was a lot easier to do when just me and my wife had vehicles. Now the 3 kids all have cars and doing the oil changes myself saves a lot of money over the years.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I pay $6.95. When I purchased my CPO 2006 F150 back in 2008, it came with free lifetime oil changes. The 5.4L Triton engine takes 7 quarts. A veritable bargain.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Ive done all them myself for years. That will probably change with the purchase of an 2018 Ford Fusion for my wife. The dealer charges $40 per change with the every 5th change being free.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
When I was younger and healthier I used to do it myself. Now I pay somebody else to do it.

I just got back from picking up my GMC 3500 delivery truck from the independent maintenance shop that I use -- I know that he is A Good Guy, as he came to the gun club with me to shoot his P229s in .357 SIG. Smile

Cost for oil, filter, and eyeball the truck to spot any developing problems: $42.71

Tire rotation would be included in that price but I told him not to mess with the tires as I have lifetime rotation and spin balancing at Discount Tires (my next errand today is a stop there).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Do what you must to maintain the warranty.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I take my F250 to the dealeship. The 6.7 takes 15 quarts plus the filter. They also rotate the tires, and perform an inspection. All for around $100 bucks. I can't do it myself for that.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post