SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do I have a right to be upset -any recourse? See 3rd page for best possible outcome.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do I have a right to be upset -any recourse? See 3rd page for best possible outcome. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone remember when Doctors made house calls....and charged just a couple of bucks?

^^^^^^^^
Yep. Before Medicare. Sometimes it was bartering of goods for medical advice. There is an MD in Wisconsin who still does this in the Amish community. He is not Amish but treats them. There was a recent writeup in the media about this guy.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
House calls? For surgery? No thank, you.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/in-de...diseases/3995625002/

This is the article referring to the physician noted above.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Awesome news on the new slot and getting it in this year

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had this exact surgery done. You'll end up with three small incisions for surgical ports. There may be small tears in the rotator cuff that are found when they get in there.

After surgery, simple Range of Motion movements will help during the first week. Then Physical Therapy will start. DON'T over do and cause injury.

As to the Doctor cancelling during Dec, in my experience that is rare. Most Physicians are aware of the time crunch that occurs in Dec and try to accommodate.

Personally, I cut back on my office hours to enable more patients to get procedures done before the end of the year.

To those that have decried the doctor in this circumstances - blow off. None of us has the actual reason for the cancelling of the surgery. Many Physicians give more of themselves and their time than anyone would realize.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
House calls? For surgery? No thank, you.

Noooooo, Silly.

For Colds, flu shots, serious cuts, treatment for infections, etc...

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
You handled things just right. Good Luck!

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
You think there may be a legal case here if 280nosler is unable to get it scheduled before the new year and he can prove it cost him an additional $5000 as well as the inconvenience and potential extension of the physical pain associated with the delay? I suspect it's a stretch, may depend on the laws in the state, and $5000 is likely a too small an amount to get anyone's attention, but the OP is thrown into a bad position not of his making.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unlikely. Doctors do not like suit happy patients or malpractice lawyers in general. Word gets around. There are databases that physicians can search to determine whether patients have sued before. Insurance companies maintain databases regarding settlements and much of this is public record. You might find yourself becoming an medical tourist and getting your care in Mexico or India.

Grievances such as the OP has are not made better by engaging in litigation. In fact, such a suit would be considered frivilous in some jurisdictions.

Look up Vexatious litigation. I do not think it rises to this level, but you never know.

The question was more hypothetical, and I'm glad the OP has found a resolution, but if he had been forced to spend $5000 due directly to the actions of another, I'm not sure you could call that frivolous. I was hoping for a response from jhe888, though my suspicion is this answer is no. I doubt an appointment for surgery constitutes a contract.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post