SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So this Georgia Team is #1???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So this Georgia Team is #1??? Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they won't carry that burden into next week's game. That being the, we ought to be in good position to break this losing streak here and now.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Alabam, Miami, Oklahoma and Clemson should be the top 4

I would put Wisconsin at 5, and drop Georgia to 6, and bring auburn up to 7

The country as a whole should be pleased, today made two things more likely

1). Only 1 SEC team will make the playoff

2). All 4 playoff teams will be big 5 conference champions

So everyone is happy, right?

But consider this

if Alabama beats Auburn, and then Georgia beats Alabama...then I think Georgia and Alabama go

OR

If auburn beats Alabama, and then beats Georgia again in the SEC championship, I think it likely auburn and Alabama go

If OSU beats Wisconsin for the big 10 title, do you send a two loss OSU?

If TCU beats Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, does 2 loss TCU go?

Pretty much all we know for sure is the ACC champ is going.... Miami or Clemson

And that the SEC champ is going, even if it's 2 loss Auburn...they are guarAnteed a spot...having beaten 2 number 1s to get there (and probably a number 5 or 6 Georgia again

It will be interesting

It's more likely than not now that you have a 2 loss team in the playoff IMO

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
UGA has a long history of derping out a horrid game just when it looks like they're going to break through into being a top tier team. They never can seem to get over that hump.

And the Auburn team that played last night could have beat the Bama team that played last night. Saban is going to lose a lot of sleep over the Iron Bowl.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Alabama's linebacker injuries are killing them this year. They went from a potential all American to a baseball player that has diabetes in the middle. 4 season ending injuries.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Miami's D looked TOUGH last night. They straight up abused the Irish. The turnovers alone were impressive. Stick a fork in the Irish, they blew their ride.

Alabama is completely beatable, but you have to play 60+ minutes to do it. They are masters at just grinding down the competition to give themselves a chance at the end - even when they lose (i.e. last years Championship game).

We'll see what Georgia will do next week - whether they will rise to the challenge or fold.

Not sure about the OSU and others in the mess. The losses opened up opportunities for Wisconsin.

Great football.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man I was rooting for Miss. St., but they put their offense in coast. Nice to see ND get throttled too. The Iron Bowl should be really good this year.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that the committee takes quality of wins into account. The close Georgia win over Notre Dame loses some value after ND got clobbered by Miami.

Clemson barely beat an Auburn team that didn't have Kerryon Johnson, and got beaten by an unranked Syracuse. Ovrrall, its ACC competition this year sucks, and it still has to play South Carolina and Miami.

The committee will bend over backwards to try to get Ohio State in the playoff, but the spot is Wisconsin's to lose.

Oklahoma looks like a lock right now.

The Auburn/Alabama/Georgia mix is looking fun right now. Any one or two of them might make it, but I'm guessing only one of those will be in.

We really do need an 8-team playoff.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Alabama's linebacker injuries are killing them this year. They went from a potential all American to a baseball player that has diabetes in the middle. 4 season ending injuries.

Injuries are part of the game. FWIW, Auburn’s offensive line has been shuffled around more than a deck of cards in Vegas due to injuries.

I have no sympathy for them as Alabama just reloades anyway with kids from all of the number 1 recruiting classes they bring in there every year.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The only way I see your tigers getting, unfortunately, is by winning out I absolutely agree they need an 8 team playoff because it would be the second year running that the tea, likely playing the best football (USC last year, Auburn this year) gets left out.

Right now, the clear path is

1) SEC Champion

2). Clemson or Miami

3). Oklahoma wins the big 12

4). Wisconsin wins out wins the Big 10

That's what I think is the easy way..and what the committee hopes for. Where it gets complicated, IMO is when Ohio State beats Wisconsin. Which I think is going to happen (and pains me to say because one of the myriad of teams I pull for is the badgers)

If that happens, I think the following are most likely to happen

1). 1 loss Alabama goes if they are not the SEC Champion. If Bama loses to Auburn in the iron bowl or UGA in the SEC championship, I think they still go over 2 loss Ohio State that is the big 10 champion

2). 1 loss Miami goes. If Miami loses to Clemson in the ACC championship, and it's their only loss, I think they too go over OSU.

There are some all kinds of weird scenarios out there. What do you do if Georgia loses to Kentucky or Georgia Tech, but then beats Auburn or Alabama in the SEC championship? As the dad of a Georgia fan, I can tell you if there is something weird UGA can do, they will do it. Or, God forbid, if 3 of the top 4 lose in their conference championship game...then the only mortal lock is the ACC champion....can you imagine if Auburn beats Alabama in the Iron Bowl, Georgia loses to Kentucky and Georgia Tech, but then beats Auburn in the sec championship?? Holeeee Shiiiit. Mayhem.

quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Keep in mind that the committee takes quality of wins into account. The close Georgia win over Notre Dame loses some value after ND got clobbered by Miami.

Clemson barely beat an Auburn team that didn't have Kerryon Johnson, and got beaten by an unranked Syracuse. Ovrrall, its ACC competition this year sucks, and it still has to play South Carolina and Miami.

The committee will bend over backwards to try to get Ohio State in the playoff, but the spot is Wisconsin's to lose.

Oklahoma looks like a lock right now.

The Auburn/Alabama/Georgia mix is looking fun right now. Any one or two of them might make it, but I'm guessing only one of those will be in.

We really do need an 8-team playoff.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post