SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Overnight Duffel Bag
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overnight Duffel Bag Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
No price limit, then I concur with Saddleback.

I am concerned about the size of the medium water bag... Anyone have one?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Para on Boyt. I have had a set of their luggage for many years and recently a zipper broke. Called them up and they said send it back. Came back to me in a couple of weeks fully repaired at no charge other than the initial shipping to them. A great company to do business with and fine product. Somewhat biased though as it is an Iowa company. Kind of like Brownell's. Smile

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
LL Bean. Their Adventure Duffel bags survived my kids and college and are still going strong.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/sea...xt=duffel+bag&init=1

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy with my Redoxx Beano:

https://www.redoxx.com/Airline...R4/91030/100/Product

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I have a few Red Oxx bags and they have never let me down over the years.

https://www.redoxx.com/

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Had my eye on this one. USA made. Red Oxx is US made too, IIRC, and I've heard good things about those as well.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Ghurka

Crazy? Check.

Great bags, though.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For that price, the damn thing should be able to give handjobs.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Maxpedition Fliegerduffel

https://www.maxpedition.com/co...?variant=28117606161

MSRP is a bit over your price range, but you can find them online for $130-$180.

Everything from Maxpedition is about 1/4 the size of what you think it is from the pictures. And I say that as an owner of a Maxpedition pack. They're absurdly overbuilt for their modest size.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It doesn't have to be particularly expensive.

My Lands End soft side luggage (duffle and hanging bag set) is 25yrs old and in perfect working condition after tons of use.

My JanSport giant duffle and small backpack are about 35yrs old and in perfect working order after tons of use.

My Oakley backpack is around 15yrs old, holds plenty for an overnight or more, and has been lugged around the world and all over, stuffed and restuffed, and still works perfectly.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I bought this one about a year ago and an totally happy....

https://m.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/men

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for anything Filson

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For that price, the damn thing should be able to give handjobs.

Well, I bought my lady one of their purses. I got more than a handjob.
So, yes Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Boyt here. Yes Filson has good stuff, but no need for me to be spending $400+ on a bag.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My wife and children bought this for me a few years ago.

http://www.orvis.com/p/bootleg...as-small-duffle/2ks0

Very well made, but not something I would have bought for myself.

I do like having something nice for weekend trips.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Don't overlook the Yukon Outfitters bags.

No, they are not flashy leather and oiled canvas that look wonderful and cost $1000, but these are great little bags. Good quality, you can fit a surprising amount in them, and the price is affordable.

I bought several on sale. I keep one in my truck as a get-home/survival bag and could easily live for several weeks on what I can keep in there. The others I use for luggage. I can fit enough in one for a week away from home easily.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chongo. I have that bag. I ended up with two. I use one for travel and it gets beat up prettily regularly. Other for play. I only have two complaints. The "rope" it came with sucked. I removed it and that cinch device and replaced it with real climbing rope which it should have had from beginning. I now just do a quick overhand knot to close it. No muss no fuss and it can't loosen open. The second complaint was that I was at the gym and my wife's friend complemented me on my nice man bag. She was serious and I was quick to point out its backpack like qualities. She wasn't buying it. I do love that bag though.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this one from Osprey: Osprey Porter 46 . It is somewhat dufflish, and can hold much more than I expected. I think it's because of the way the top opens, much like a small suitcase. I've used it for trips up to 4 days with shoes, laptop, toiletry kit, and still had space left over to stuff a Nalgene bottle in there.

The backpack aspect helps as well, at times it is nice to be able to have free hands. And, it is carry-on sized.

Posts: 796 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
LL Bean. Their Adventure Duffel bags

I'll echo this. I've got one that's got a ton of miles and several years logged; it's holding up nicely. I have a similar one from Cabela's, though much larger. It does a good job, too.

I'm liking the looks of Filson and Boyt, though.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LA Rescue bags. They are high quality and priced right. I used a patrol bag from them for 10+ years and abused it. I am still using it!
They have a good selection of different types of bags and duffels.
Cant say enough good things about them.
Second option:
Arizona Pack Shack. They make stuff for wildland firefighting. Their duffels are simple and well made. Good stuff!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post