SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trucker on my side of road.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trucker on my side of road. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yeah, do not bet on the motorcycle deal.

I have ridden since the day I turned 16.
I bought my wife a Honda Scooter a while back.

She rode it around our property to get used to it.
The very first time she took it out solo, we went on back roads, which were quite wide actually.

In spite of the width of the road, a guy flew down like the semi, into a curve and came into our lane after I had gone by him, running my wife off the road.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I ask where this happened? It looks like a particular section of road in Dalton, GA, just outside of Chattanooga, TN.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's up on carpet row.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Get a motorcycle and you'll have plenty of room. Big Grin

Jim
No not really. I had a pickup truck do that to me in the mountains around a blind curve.

That's how I got to experience sliding on the asphalt at 40 miles an hour.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mholmes:
Can I ask where this happened? It looks like a particular section of road in Dalton, GA, just outside of Chattanooga, TN.

Dug Gap Road.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Errrrg!
Should have let him clobber me!

That kind of shit is exactly why I have a dash cam running at all times.!

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All in all I am glad you are here to tell us about it.
Maybe another trucker will read this and be more cautious and alert on his next trip.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Errrrg!
Should have let him clobber me!

That kind of shit is exactly why I have a dash cam running at all times.!

If you fail to maintain lane and hit someone who isn't required to get out of your way, you will have it recorded? Excellent!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, this thread convinced me to get a dash cam. Just got it. Haven’t installed it yet. If I had, it would have recorded a car in front of me almost getting clipped last night by someone running a red light.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
This happened to me yesterday on the way home form the IDPA match. In right hand curve (for me) and the opposing driver had at least 1/3 of his truck over the yellow line in my lane.

Quick reflexes on both our parts saved the day.

I have gotten to the point that I watch oncoming traffic like a hawk.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Dashcam. Get a dashcam!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to give a victim or officer a copy of the accident video file without downloading it to a PC first?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No, you have to put the chip into a PC an download the video file.

I usually get both email addresses first.

If they are in a hurry, I let them video my screen with their phone until I can send them the file later in the day.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I just bought and installed a Pilot 3003WK in my Subaru.

For $20 for the camera, plus another $11 for a 32 gb Sandisk memory card, it's cheap insurance.

Rather than using the standard suction cup mount on the glass, I used the alternate bike mount that's included to hang it from the rearview mirror's post. Some states (including Arkansas) prohibit mounting things to the windshield.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post