SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trucker on my side of road.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trucker on my side of road. Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Errrrg!
Should have let him clobber me!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ogX5ka4hUQc

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
That will get your heart racing!!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that happen a couple times. After an episode like that, coffee is a sedative.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow! That'll get your juices flowing! Eek

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

What I hate is the vehicles (truck and cars) who are oncoming and pull into your lane to follow the law and move over for an emergency vehicle on the shoulder or side of the road. The hell with oncoming traffic, they are following the law. They fail to recognize the law offers an alternative if you cannot safely pull over to the next lane, and that is to stay in your lane and slow down by at least 20mph, or to 20mph (states vary in that spec).

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happens constantly around here. I've had to leave the road 3 times in the last 2 months. Lots of distracted driving in the big trucks Frown

I chartered a bus for business trip a while back. Seated on the right hand side of the bus, I could see into the cab of the big trucks. Couldn't believe how many were texting / using tablet / using laptop. At least every fourth truck.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Get a motorcycle and you'll have plenty of room. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Errrrg!

Glad you didn't get clobbered.

Had an incident this morning on the stretch of road I drive on Wednesdays that shut I-94 down (took me 3 hours to get to the office)... West bound truck crossed the median and took out 6 <updated> cars - 1 fatality. Guess my day isn't so bad afterall.

Link to story: EB I-94 shut down in Rogers due to fatal crash

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ShouldBFishin,

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
A friend of a good friend of mine was killed by a trucker pulling this stunt in CA this week.

He and 5 guys were riding motorcycles, as the group came around a curve a truck carrying large bales of hay was going fast around the corner, crossed the line, corrected and dumped the trailer, 4 bikes made it past, then a pickup barely got around the trailer by running on the guard rail, my buddys friend and his fiance were trailing everyone, including this pickup, they were killed as a 500 pound bale of hay hit the bike, knocked it back into the guard rail, ripped the front fairing off, tour pack, bags, tossed his fiance 20 yards over the rail.

The 4 that survived had passed the pickup just a bit earlier, if they had not there might be 10 people hurt and killed.

The bike on the ground was his, a full size 2015 HD Road Glide, the whole front end fairing with radio, speakers, gauges are ripped off along with the complete handlebars and controls, The tour pack is destroyed, hanging on.

The bales he was hauling, unsecured I'm guessing, at a high rate of speed around corners.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Errrrg!

Strange response.

Posts: 3919 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Your next-of-kin would be the only winner.
I've been hit by a semi and we were going in the same direction, sort of.
They always win.

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Based on the condition of your side of the road (see wide strip with no vegetation) that happens a lot.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31439 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Another good reason to always pay attention when driving.

Good job avoiding the truck and staying on the road. Swerving to the outside on a corner like that can be tough sometimes.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

You'd be dead.

I almost got ran off the road this morning by a guy in a big BMW SUV. He's in the right lane and tried to change lanes right into me, I do a quick evasive maneuver and lay on the horn and throw up my hands like "WTF man!"

This guy has the audacity to angrily gesture and honk at ME as if I were the wrong one here! Confused

Posts: 33805 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If not on the phone probably trying to piss in a plastic bottle and then toss on the side of the road. Frown

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

You'd be dead.

I almost got ran off the road this morning by a guy in a big BMW SUV. He's in the right lane and tried to change lanes right into me, I do a quick evasive maneuver and lay on the horn and throw up my hands like "WTF man!"

This guy has the audacity to angrily gesture and honk at ME as if I were the wrong one here! Confused

Nah, he'd just crunch the sheet metal in down the side.
My Uncle has bee hit by two and he's 94 now.
Gal at work got hit by a distracted trucker and all it did was take the skin off the doors and bend the suspension.
They bought her a NEW Accord.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Well, he was polite enough to leave you a partial lane.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This is why I bought a dash cam. They're just about mandatory these days with how shitty of a driver people are.

Mail truck and I stopped at the corner in my subdivision. It wasn't the right hand drive box (LLV for long life vehicle in USPS speak) but a van. Wouldn't have minded getting hit in my 2003 Honda Civic by the mail truck. I would've taken a couple years off work after that. LOL.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Whenever I have had a chance to see why a trucker or anyone for that matter is using the full road or highway it’s usually from texting on the phone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
If not on the phone probably trying to piss in a plastic bottle and then toss on the side of the road. Frown
or at the next truck stop parking lot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post