SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speaking of KY Sports, UK Baseball Rare Triple Play
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of KY Sports, UK Baseball Rare Triple Play Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Kentucky turns crazy triple play against Louisville

You don’t see that every day.

by RobertONeill31@RobertONeill31 Apr 18, 2017, 9:29pm EDT

There’s some in-state baseball action going on in the Commonwealth on Monday night, as #13

Kentucky is hosting #2 Louisville.

As if a five-run first inning wasn’t enough for the Wildcats, they promptly squashed a Cardinal second inning rally with a 7-2-6 triple play

Click Link to see video of the play, seems the last time a 7-2-6 triple was recorded was in 1923....

Amazing...

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork...s/854483882984525824

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That was a major league throw from left field to the home plate. Nicely done.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw the title "UK Baseball" and was thinking it was about this Razz

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Triple play is a lovely thing. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I made an unassisted triple play in little league. Does that count? Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Goods heads-up by the catcher as well to steamboat that back to third.

Very nicely done.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I vote yes because I claim a similar incident in adult municipal league softball. Lol. Playing first with runners on 1st and 2nd. Batter hit a frozen rope straight at me. Snagged it out of the air and found myself standing next to the runner from first who didn't have time to done darn thing but get whacked on the back by my glove. Quick throw to 2nd beat that runner back. Yes, my glory days. Lol.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
Quick throw to 2nd beat that runner back. Yes, my glory days. Lol.

Then it wasn't unassisted. I win! Big Grin lol

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think mine in the Cub Scouts trumps your because I was only 7 or 8 yrs old and did not have to move.

I caught a fly ball while playing third base. My Dad was yelling something and I turned to see the runner from second base running to third. I stuck out my glove and and tagged him.

Then I saw the runner from first base chugging around second base several feet behind the first runner, so I stuck out my glove out and tagged him also.

It kind of helped because there is very little "situational awareness" in excited 7 and 8 yr. old base runners. Smile

PS: That might have been the only fly ball that was caught in the Cub Scout league. Big Grin

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post