SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about Grado headphones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about Grado headphones Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Enjoying them?

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ yes! They have a very detailed sound to them, low end is great still. They’re awesome!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I'm going to seriously regret opening this thread...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
I'm pretty sure I'm going to seriously regret opening this thread...

It’s only money! Razz

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My main issue with Grados are they're open backed headphones. Mind you, I've never owned open backed headphones, but the thought of having others hear my music and not getting a perfect seal have me a little dismayed.

So how bad is the sound leakage and how much of a non-issue is this? My main point of comparison right now is the Bowers & Wilkins P5 and the AKG N60NC I got from pre-ordering a Galaxy Note 9.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Frankly I don’t think it affects the sound having an open style earcup... they just don’t have as much noise isolation/cancellation. Sound is phenomenal. I listen to music in bed at night for a bit after the Mrs’s has gone to sleep, they don’t seem bother her.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Grado SR60s on Amazon for $35 today.

Great deal. If you get a pair, leave them playing at moderate volume for a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

They are open type, not noise blocking

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Usually ships within 1 to 2 months."
MONTHS ? That gave me a bit of pause.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is about half the usual price.

Plus, they make them essentially by hand in a tiny shop in Brooklyn.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Grado SR60s on Amazon for $35 today.

Great deal. If you get a pair, leave them playing at moderate volume for a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

They are open type, not noise blocking

Thank you, I took advantage of that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Back in the day they were known for really good phono cartridges.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Still loving mine!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Back in the day they were known for really good phono cartridges.

Still are.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post