SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beach + Yeti Tumbler: What to fill with?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beach + Yeti Tumbler: What to fill with? Login/Join 
posted
Time for annual beach visit. At Christmas I received the large Yeti tumbler....
So I'm open for suggestions/recipes on what to fill with during my time out, mostly reading under the shade. May have access to a blender in the condo, but premade is OK, not really a smoothie person, partial to lemonade, other favorite flavor is strawberry, not looking for anything alcoholic.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Virgin, ice cold Doc Swami and Bone Daddy margarita and Bloody Mary mix. Tasty, refreshing.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sweet Tea of course!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Water. If particularly hot out and you are sweating a bunch, Gatorade.

Sweet drinks without alcohol are just empty calories...

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
No alkeyhall? I got nothin

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Water. If particularly hot out and you are sweating a bunch, Gatorade.

Sweet drinks without alcohol are just empty calories.
Yup. Much better with alcohol! Wink

One of my hot-day favorites is dark rum (not spiced, just a good quality rum), fresh lime, in a tall glass filled with tonic. Plenty of water on the side, especially on a hot day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the beach, I like lemonade, light on the sugar. Mix about 1/3 equal amounts of vodka and white rum.

Opps.....sorry just saw the part about no alcohol.

Lemonade 50/50 with iced tea?

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Grain alcohol and Gatorade. Goes down smooth with a kick.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
During the day I alternate between club soda and ice tea.

In the evening, some good bourbon on ice. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
A couple beach favorites of mine. You'll have to adjust the drink for a 32oz yeti

PurpleSaurusRex :

1.5oz (or more of vodka)
6 leaves of mint
Fill with simply lemonade blueberry

Dr. Pepper
1.5oz vodka
1oz DIsaranno or fake disarrano
Cranberry Juice

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:

That'd be my choice for a non-alcoholic beach drink.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

That's called an Arnold Palmer, in case you didn't know.

Great with, or without, booze.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
When I'm at the beach I like to keep it as simple as possible.
Last month I stumbled across this combination when i realized that this was all I had in the fridge and it turned out great.

We mix Mango/cranberry juice with either dark rum or vodka. Both are great over ice...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
this time of year I really favor raspberry zinger, a type of specialty iced tea, just before lunch time.

Made up as 'sun tea' in a gallon glass jar, the most satisfying dethirstifier I know.

I've got a couple of old pottery large mugs, fill with ice, fill with tea & a few drops of stevia, & pretty much recover from the overheating activities of the morning.

At times I use my 20oz Ozark Trail

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the half and half lemonade iced tea. I'm kinda odd, though, I drink it unsweetened. Sometimes a little mint extract.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I like the half and half lemonade iced tea. I'm kinda odd, though, I drink it unsweetened.

I like mine made with unsweetened tea too. The lemonade adds more than enough sweetness.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Definitely got my.vote!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Cranberry juice and ginger ale.
Tasty and good for your kidneys.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Place a .5 liter bottle of water in the freezer the night before you are heading onto the beach. The next day, slice the plastic off the frozen bottle. Place the chunk of ice leftover into the Yeti tumbler. Top off with whichever liquid you prefer, vodka, bourbon, whiskey or anything else. You now have a wonderfully cold beverage to sip on for hours. I just got back from a week at the coast, this was part of the daily routine.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Deep Eddy Lemon with crystal light sweet tea.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post