SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    United flight passenger beating/American Airlines fight with pregnant passenger - Page 47: Delta has gone too far this time
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
United flight passenger beating/American Airlines fight with pregnant passenger - Page 47: Delta has gone too far this time Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The latest AA video is just a perfect example of all parties being unable act like adults. Idiots all around. Lady, no you can't bring your fucking double-wide stroller on the plane. Mr. Busybody Type-A asshole, sit the fuck down and check your emails. It's none of your damn business. And bald flight attendant dude, work on your anger management skills or find a different career. Being locked in an aluminum tube with the unwashed masses has obviously taken its toll on you.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

Now where would that fit on an airplane?

Nowhere.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I fly a lot as do others on the forum. The stroller goes to the end of the jetway and gets tagged and checked. When mom gets off the plane the stroller is waiting for her as she walks off the plane...or a few minutes later. Mom never gets to take to stoller onto the plane. End of story.

I think most understand the rule and it is likely the woman was upset about it, maybe even arguing and being dramatic about it.

The issue is that according to witnesses, the FA grabbed it out of her hands, swung it around and hit her with it, just missing the baby.

When the FA returns, that is when the man says that he would knock him flat if he had done that to him.

The FA screwed the pooch - even if the man should not have said that, the FA cannot react that way.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

The FA screwed the pooch - even if the man should not have said that, the FA cannot react that way.

That's the only perfectly clear part of this story. At least to me.

I did hear also that the woman and her family (pretty sure she had her husband or someone else with her) ended up taking a different flight and were bumped up to first class. They were also flying internationally, so that's a pretty sweet upgrade.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I think most understand the rule and it is likely the woman was upset about it, maybe even arguing and being dramatic about it.

The issue is that according to witnesses, the FA grabbed it out of her hands, swung it around and hit her with it, just missing the baby.

When the FA returns, that is when the man says that he would knock him flat if he had done that to him.

If this is an accurate assessment, the flight attendant was an idiot for getting physical with a passenger. She should have known better.

The dude yelling could have just been getting involved because it seemed the right thing to do (can't say I blame him).

The short bald guy was a TOTAL fool for letting his emotions get away from him. ESPECIALLY after the UAL thing, he should have been courteous and professional (whether the passengers were at fault or not). He was way out of line for ESCALATING the situation, when de-escalation was clearly the best course of action.

It doesn't matter how big of an a-hole any passenger is; there is no excuse for anybody in the services industry to treat passengers like that.

THIS seems to be the same root problem contributing to the UAL mess with the Doctor - treating customers like garbage. And, IMO, these cases will only increase in frequency as more and more people lose patience with bad customer service.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The AA attendant needs a timeout. The white cowboy hat dude needs to sit down and STFU because if he travels he already knows you can't travel with a stroller onboard but he stood up like his horse was saddled up.

The lady with the stroller was whacked for putting up a stink. The stroller rides in the belly and that's all the answer she needs. This should be a non-issue for anyone who travels. Stroller, tuba case or surfboard - it all travels in the belly.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
And, IMO, these cases will only increase in frequency as more and more people lose patience with bad customer service.

Or as more and more FA's lose patience with idiot, selfish, classless passengers.

One of my shipmates who just returned to the ship with me told me today how he sat next to a woman who changed her baby in her seat on the freakin' seat-back tray! Ok? Who wants to sit next to that? And too bad for the next guy who has to eat on that thing...

Oh, and then she tried to hand off the crap filled diaper to the passing flight attendant. God's honest truth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
The latest AA video is just a perfect example of all parties being unable act like adults. Idiots all around. Lady, no you can't bring your fucking double-wide stroller on the plane. Mr. Busybody Type-A asshole, sit the fuck down and check your emails. It's none of your damn business. And bald flight attendant dude, work on your anger management skills or find a different career. Being locked in an aluminum tube with the unwashed masses has obviously taken its toll on you.

Well put. It is however possible to teach people to deal with customers better than they do. Community policing done well yields results. There is training available to calm these situations down. You say and do the right things with people they calm down.

Posts: 17230 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

Now where would that fit on an airplane?

Nowhere.

There's a report she'd gotten it into the overhead storage. That would explain how she may have been hit when the stroller was move. No, I don't think it would have fit in the overhead. However, I've seen people bang on luggage to try and force it in.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Just because it fit, doesn't mean the door will close. I've seen plenty of bags pushed, shoved, and pried into the bin, and the door didn't close.

The last two flights I was on both had bins taped shut because they'd been broken. Probably by idiots like this trying to jam things in them that were too big.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I heard on the news today that there might have been a language barrier with the Argentinian woman with the stroller.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Angry flight attendant dude got suspended:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...-video-stroller.html

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think these airline incidents prove beyond a doubt that the most difficult and complex jobs in the world involve dealing with people. There are many people that are not suited for that kind of work no matter how much training they have.

Posts: 17230 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Are all of the SigForum pilots still having coffee at Starbucks, as they said? They were quite active earlier in this thread, but not a peep since then, as far as I can tell.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are all of the SigForum pilots still having coffee at Starbucks, as they said? They were quite active earlier in this thread, but not a peep since then, as far as I can tell.

They are binge watching Sully on their big screen TVs.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^^ LOL

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10918 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Honestly stuff like this I think will help right the ship a bit. Prior to 9/11 I feel like flight attendants really took customer service seriously...friendly skies and such. After 9/11 the game changed. Flight attendants became (pardon my Irish) cuntier. I have heard on multiple flights attendants invoking the "do as I say or I will get Homeland security involved" power trip for seemingly benign offenses. Even in first class. Shit if I'm paying $5k for a round trip ticket you fucking better be at least polite.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
OK, the airlines have gone too far this time! This torturing of passengers is going to result in a lawsuit for sure!

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.co...link_time=1493048818

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

While like many I was puzzled by some of their stance/commitment to it, I do give them credit for ignoring the thread, or at least just letting it run without raising the tenor of it again!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
I heard on the news today that there might have been a language barrier with the Argentinian woman with the stroller.

And a lack of common sense on the part of the woman.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post