SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida Man tries to carjack two different cars, both drivers pull out guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Man tries to carjack two different cars, both drivers pull out guns Login/Join 
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Bad things happen after a good shooting.

Reardon made his own decision to shoot, or not to shoot.

Hopefully, neither you or I will have to.

After being cut twice by someone close enough to thrust a blade into me or slash an artery I'm not sure I would have been able to hesitate long enough to percieve any changes in his demeanor or direction. It doesn't really say what kind of instrument he was doing the cutting with so that may have had some influence.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe some people feel that taking a life should be something you Have to do, not something you Get to do.

Once he got his gun out, while legally he may have been able to shoot him, the news story indicates that the perp went from badass to pussy rather quickly. I guess he could have shot him while he ran away.

This. I don't want to kill someone who is retreating, even if I have a legal right to do so.

Killing someone, even a dirtbag, should be a last resort, not a menu option.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post