SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good Home Depot deals on Milwaukee power tools
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Home Depot deals on Milwaukee power tools Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
For today only:

https://www.homedepot.com/Spec..._cta&et_rid=87953223

I can't believe how much cheaper these have gotten. When I bought mine in late 2014, I paid $400 for a brushless drill and brushless impact. Now you get more tools for less money.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this! I just started upgrading to Milwaukee last year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Thanks for this! I just started upgrading to Milwaukee last year.

I love the M18 series. To be able to use the same battery/charging system simplifies things so much. I also bought the sawzall and circular saw. Haven't used them much but after you buy the kit with charger/batteries, you can buy just the tools which cuts down on the cost a lot.

I also like using the Milwaukee bit sets they sell at HD.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Just bought that 100 piece drive bit set. @ $23 you can't go wrong. Would have like that hole saw set too, but it's already sold out.

ETA: Here's that hole saw kit, but 16 pieces for less money.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mi...49-22-4028/302069829

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just bought that 100 piece drive bit set.

Some of those look short, but it's hard to tell from pics. Any reason these wouldn't work in any other "normal" drill/driver?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
They should work just fine. The kit also comes with a sleeve so even if they are too short you could just use the sleeves that are down in the bottom right.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Just bought that 100 piece drive bit set.

Some of those look short, but it's hard to tell from pics. Any reason these wouldn't work in any other "normal" drill/driver?

No reason. It say's they will work in other drills/drivers in the description.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
They also have a Ryobi drill/ drive set for like $15, I snagged one of those the other day

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I love my Milwaukee stuff, especially the Fuel.
Another great deal on a Makita tracksaw. I have Festool but still want to buy this one
Makita

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
That hole saw kit looked like a good deal particularly with all mine beat to crap or worse. Sold out, damn.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Ripley, look at the end of my earlier comment.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Ripley, look at the end of my earlier comment.

Thanks, missed that. Smile

**ordered with store pickup**

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
For today only:

I can't believe how much cheaper these have gotten.

I wonder if the prices reflect the quality? Got to be a reason .....

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:
For today only:

Very much possible but I believe more likely it's the fact that technology, especially battery technology, has improved and gotten cheaper.

Lithium Ion batteries are pretty standard in most things now and I think that's where the bigger savings is. Does anyone buy tools with NiCAD batteries anymore? Do they even make them?

Seems everyone is going with Lithium Ion batteries with brushless tools to extend the time in between charges.

Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
For today only:

If you watch YouTube, there is a guy who goes by the handle of AvE. He's a Canuck, but seems like a swell guy who knows his stuff.

He receives/buys all manner of tools and disassembles them.

He can tell you (with some colorful language) just what changes a certain brand tool has gone through during ownership swaps.

I was surprised to learn that the Harbor Freight electric impact wrench is a well made piece of kit for the money.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
They also have a Ryobi drill/ drive set for like $15, I snagged one of those the other day

I bought one of these a year or so ago. The driver bits are OK but the drill bits are substandard, particularly the smallest ones. The 1/16" bits ddn't even have points but were flat at the end and I had to use a grinding wheel to reshape them. Not good.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seotaji:
quote:
quote:
For today only:

If you watch YouTube, there is a guy who goes by the handle of AvE. He's a Canuck, but seems like a swell guy who knows his stuff.

He receives/buys all manner of tools and disassembles them.

He can tell you (with some colorful language) just what changes a certain brand tool has gone through during ownership swaps.

I was surprised to learn that the Harbor Freight electric impact wrench is a well made piece of kit for the money.

That guy is awesome. Love his vids. A whole bunch of my coworkers watch him too. Highly recommended.

Posts: 5138 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post