SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CPAP Users need help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPAP Users need help Login/Join 
posted
I have heard there are devices that clean your machine automatically. Any suggestions on the best to use?? Thanks

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A coworker father has one of those CPAP cleaning machines and swears by it, I clean my hose, mask and reservoir once a week with hot water and baby shampoo and have never had a problem. Can't see spending 300 bucks on something that I can do my self for a few pennies each week.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
You might be thinking of SoClean.

I looked into that one. It doesn't really clean anything. It uses ozone or some such thing to kill bacteria. Which sounds great, but that's not the same as washing the equipment (which I never do often enough, sadly. I'm lazy).

I've also read reports that the ozone damages some equipment, causing rubber seals to deteriorate.

Poke around the web and do your own research, see what you find.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too looked at SoClean which uses Ozone to clean the mask & hose. But at >$299 without it qualifying for insurance coverage, I opted to stay with my tried and true weekly vinegar & water cleaning ritual. Been doing that since '97 and have NEVER gotten sick from my CPAP equipment.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
I have the SoClean and love it.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I looked into SoClean, but my insurance does not qualify me for it. I clean my mask, hose, and reservoir also once a week, at least once every two weeks which takes only a few minutes.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Clean?

I don't use the reservoir. I don't clean.

Barbaric, I know.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First go around, per instructions weekly cleaning then rinse with a weak water - vinegar solution. Now eighteen years later way less frequency mask cleaning with soap and water. I see no need for another appliance setting on a counter somewhere. I was my hose less frequently.

In the past, I haven't checked recently, the manufacturer's literature has said that the masks can be run through a disHWashing cycle. That could be another option.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Clean once a week with warm soapy water. My insurance company provides a new mask, filter, and hose every 90 days for free.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY wife got one the other day and it does help. It took away the plastic smell from her face pieces/hose as well.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Clean?

What's that?

Haven't cleaned mine in years.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Seadog:

What do you like about it? How has it helped you?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like the question of how often you clean your guns. I am finding this very helpful though, keep the suggestions coming.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Put the tank in the dish washer and hand wash mask & hose.
Probably not as often as I should. I don't clean some of my guns often enough either.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Tried the So Clean - and I freaking hated it. It reeked for several days afterwards. (to my nose like a variegated pittosporum - which I absolutely cannot stand!)

So I disconnected it and went back to my routine of a weekly rinsing of the mask and tubing with hot water and good old fashioned Listerine.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Old Seadog:

What do you like about it? How has it helped you?

I didn't clean mine enough or at least correct and got sick, It keeps it clean and very easy to use.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Tried the So Clean - and I freaking hated it. It reeked for several days afterwards. (to my nose like a variegated pittosporum - which I absolutely cannot stand!)

So I disconnected it and went back to my routine of a weekly rinsing of the mask and tubing with hot water and good old fashioned Listerine.

It does smell at first but after using a while not so much.I always let mine run for a couple minutes each night before putting on mask and not bad at all.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I sell a lot of the SoCleans. Many to other forum members.
My advise:
If you are getting chronic upper respiratory illnesses, Get one!
If Not, save your money.
They do work well and some machines need an adaptor.
I sell them for $275 delivered.
I have not seen any insurance plan that covers them.
They clean what you can't, the inside of the unit where bacteria can thrive.
They clean with Ozone (o3)
Let me know if I can help...
DTV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I just returned from the MedTrade Show (The DME Industry Trade Show) in Atlanta.
There was a Very huge Breakthrough Product there.
It's called VirtuClean.

see it here.
https://www.virtuox.net/Products/VirtuClean

It does the same as the SoClean BUT it is Very Small, fits in a travel bag easily and uses NO Adaptors unlike the SoClean. Also AC/DC included battey Pack and charger.
I can sell these for less money as well.
$220 delivered.

Any interest, lemme know.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post