SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ryobi One+ fans - Good deal going on at Home Depot...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ryobi One+ fans - Good deal going on at Home Depot... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Buy a pack of two 3ah Lithium+ HP batteries with quick charger and carry bag for $99 (in and of itself a pretty good deal, battery twin pack alone is usually $99) and get one of 12 different Ryobi 18v tools for free.

1/4” Impact Driver
6 1/2” Circular Saw
Sawzall
3 Gal wet/dry Shop vac
Jig Saw
Edger
Boom Box
JOBPLUS “Multi Tool”
1/2” Hammer drill
22” Hedge trimmer
Pole Saw

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Fe...Zcjyo?Nao=48&Ns=None

PS - In store only...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was at HD today and they were out. Spoke w/ the guy working the tool dept. and he said it's been more popular than expected and they're out nationwide.

The cool thing is their $99 compact drill w/ battery and charger is $79 plus you get a free $59 to $69 tool.

Having two drills is great for projects. For example, I keep one set up for pilot bits and another set-up with a driver bit so I'm not rechucking all the time.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
And get this... if you want multiple tools, but don’t need that many batteries, the receipt adjust the price on BOTH items so you can return the batteries and pay a discounted price on the tool.

I bought batteries for $99 and got a “free” $79 Impact driver for total of $108.01 with tax. Walked over to the return counter and immediately returned the batteries for a partial refund of $60.07 so actual spent after return was $47.93 so it was like getting the $79 impact driver for $43.94 before tax, almost a 40% discount!

Want the batteries but don’t need the tool? Buy the batteries get the free tool, return the free tool for it’s adjusted value and get that as a discount off the $99 battery price. Works both ways.

Score!

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
There is a caveat of “one offer per transaction. So if you want more than one deal, just do each pair in a separate transaction. I went through the self-check aisle and did multiple sets.

Then after multiple returns, the nice customer service lady forgot to ask me if I wanted to open a HD account so I got a free Coke!

posted Hide Post
They have had some good deals there lately. I got a Husky socket set and a case with open-end wrenches,a few sets of Allen wrenches and a few other items in it for $99.00,normally $149.00. I forget how many pieces were in the case but it was an amazing deal. Now that Craftsman has become crap, I am sticking with Husky.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Right before Father's Day tends to be a good time to buy tools at HD, Lowe's, Sears, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Consder HD's Ridgid brand battery tools. Better quality than Ryobi for a not a lot more money. A lot of entry level or cheap pros use Ridgid.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8660 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
The title made this clearly aimed at those who are on the Ryobi system.

I’d rather it not become another pissing match of Ryobi vs. Rigid vs. Milwaukee vs. Makita et all. That dead horse has been well beaten in several previous threads.

All of my Ryobi stuff has served me well. Other than the original NiCad batteries eventually wearing out (as all NiCads do) I have never had a problem. Granted, I am a light use homeowner so for construction or commercial use they may not be the best choice.

They work for me so it doesn’t make sense to spend even “not a lot more” to switch at this point.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just another thread to part us from our wallet contents! Thank you!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are all sold out. I was away last night and didn't want to try to do it on my phone. Dang it!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never was a Ryobi fan.
Milwaukee is much better for my needs.
YMMV

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
The title made this clearly aimed at those who are on the Ryobi system.

I’d rather it not become another pissing match of Ryobi vs. Rigid vs. Milwaukee vs. Makita et all. That dead horse has been well beaten in several previous threads.

All of my Ryobi stuff has served me well. Other than the original NiCad batteries eventually wearing out (as all NiCads do) I have never had a problem. Granted, I am a light use homeowner so for construction or commercial use they may not be the best choice.

They work for me so it doesn’t make sense to spend even “not a lot more” to switch at this point.

This mirrors my experience with Ryobi tools. I have 9 18v One + tools and they have served me well. No issues at all. I have 2 4Ah batteries and 4 1.5Ah batteries. The 4Ah batteries are awesome. I highly recommend them. HD usually has 2 for the price of 1 sales a couple of times a year on them. A hell of a deal.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post