SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Susan Sarandon Does A Walk On In This Week's Episode Of "Democrats Eating Their Own".
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Susan Sarandon Does A Walk On In This Week's Episode Of "Democrats Eating Their Own". Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
quote:
Susan Sarandon: Hillary Clinton Would Have Been A 'Very Dangerous' President
Harriet Sinclair, Newsweek, 11/26/2017

Susan Sarandon says she believes Hillary Clinton would have been a dangerous president and she doesn't regret voting for Jill Stein - an opinion she says has resulted in verbal attacks from Hillary supporters.

In an interview with The Guardian, the 71-year-old actor rejected the idea her decision to vote for the Green candidate was a protest vote, maintaining Bernie Sanders write-ins were more of a protest, and said New York was an easy place to vote for Stein. Asked if she had previously commented that Clinton would have been more dangerous than Trump, the actor told the Guardian: "Not exactly, but I don't mind that quote. I did think she was very, very dangerolus. We would still be fracking, we would be at war [if she was president]. It wouldn't be much smoother. Look what happened under Obama that we didn't notice."

Criticizing some of the actions of former president Barack Obama, Sarandon added: "She would've done it the way Obama did it, which was sneakily. He deported more people than have been deported now. How he got the Nobel peace prize I don't know. I think it was very important to have a black family in the White House and I think some of the stuff he did was good. He really tried hard about healthcare. But he didn't go all the way because of big pharma."

And despite voting for a green candidate and being outspoken about issues including the environment, Sarandon says she has incurred the wrath of the left from her refusal to vote for Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

"I got from Hillary people 'I hope your crotch is grabbed', 'I hope you're raped'. Misogynistic attacks," Sarandon said in the interview. "Recently I said 'I stand with Dreamers' [children brought illegally to the US, whose pat to legal citizenship - an Obama-era provision - Trump has threatened to revoke] and that started another wave," she added, explaining left-wing voters responded to her Dreamers message by telling her: "How dare you! You who are responsible for this!"

"I'm not attacked from the right at all," Sarandon added.

Article edited for clarity and space. Original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/susa...-apos-200425360.html

The Democratic Party civil war rages on.

First there was the finger pointing after the election to see who could be blamed for Trump's victory - within the Democratic party, of course, since the existence of any other explanation would imply that the liberal geniuses aren't in complete control of the course of history and the American electorate.

Then GropeGate spilled over from Hollywood and Dem politicians started getting compared to Harvey Weinstein.

Comes now Susan Sarandon, quondam Canadian and liberal icon.

There's some serious neurosis going on over there, isn't there?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They are worried she's arrogant enough to run again. These stories and opinions are designed to put her away forever.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I'm not attacked from the right at all," Sarandon added

Hmmmm...(scratches chin thoughtfully) I wonder why...

quote:
I think it was very important to have a black family in the White House

Again, hmmmm...why? If you suck, you just suck. The color of your suck dosen't matter.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
She was born in NYC and lived in Edison NJ (High School. I Believe.
But that doesn't change a thing about her wacky brain...
Great Rack in her prime, which is long gone.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

quote:

Again, hmmmm...why? If you suck, you just suck. The color of your suck dosen't matter.

Well...blue suck is worse than red suck....Big Grin

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
And if Hillary was in office, Sarandon would be a big supporter. Lies.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
She was born in NYC and lived in Edison NJ (High School. I Believe.
But that doesn't change a thing about her wacky brain...
Great Rack in her prime, which is long gone.

All downhill after Rocky Horror

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Why is she perceived as being any more important than any one else in this country that she is being interviewed for News week.
Is it just because she is an actor. Does it make her smarter than every one else. I do not understand why people even care what she has to say to a news paper. Is it to increase sales. I just dont know.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
They are worried she's arrogant enough to run again. These stories and opinions are designed to put her away forever.

That takes a holy water washed, garlic-coated, silver-plated crucifix made of holly (wood) fired into her heart by a virginal Catholic priest using a Howda pistol made by Sikhs.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Now that the Clinton political capitol is seemingly spent they are fair game for their fellow leftists. If the Hag had won the election Saradon and her ilk would be silent and fairly content.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Your skills are fading with age, Mrs. Sarandon.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Susan Sarandon says she believes Hillary Clinton would have been a dangerous president and she doesn't regret voting for Jill Stein

I for one don't regret her voting for Stein either. My only regret is that several million more GDCs in NY & CA didn't do the same.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Think of it as a general sign of the discord among the Dems. Sarandon couldn't possibly have expected Stein to win the nomination and perhaps the election, so she essentially annulled her primary vote and claimed that doing so was an act of principle. She may have thought it was safe to do so because Trump couldn't possibly have beaten Hill (BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ahem. Excuse me.), but Sarandon publicly positioned herself among the many Dems that couldn't stand Hillary.

Fast forward to today. The Dems appear to be completely at sea. Their potential candidates list for 2020 is evenly divided between old and outdated politicians and politicians who are too new or regional to put together national coalitions on their own. Their congressional leadership is every bit as tired, helpless and out of ideas as the Republican leadership ever was during the Obama years. Their caucus is being swept with charges of sexual harassment and abuse. And when they're on message, it sounds like listening to a radio and just switching from one band of static to another - there's no coherence, and nothing seems to stick in one's mind.

This is why the media is dredging up every last variety and shade of Democrat. The consistent theme, unsurprisingly, is discontent with Hill for having been a PITA in various ways and still letting everyone down. But look at the side complaints: fracking, war, how smoothly things go. This, in the cacophony of whining that Democrats refer to as a 'dialogue', is where discussions begin within the party to put together a coherent(ish) sense of what the party actually believes in 2017 and what coherent(ish) message they want to put forth in 2018 and 2020. That, in turn, is why they brought out Sarandon after having ignored her during the 2016 election - to help get a good cacophony of whining going.

quote:
She was born in NYC and lived in Edison NJ (High School.

I just hit Wikipedia. For years I've been convinced she was Canadian, and it's been for so long that I honestly can't remember where I got that idea.

But, dear God, she's one of ours!?!?

BTW, for some reason I think it's hilarious that she kept her first husband's last name.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
And if Hillary was in office, Sarandon would be a big supporter.

I think there'd be a practical limit to that. Sarandon's stock in trade has always been to carp sanctimoniously. She isn't powerful unless she's bitching and being listened to. I think that sooner or later her demands would've exceeded her personal influence in a Hillary White House and she would have inevitably become one of Hill's harshest critics on the left.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The most hopeful thing she said was she was attacked by the left for disagreeing with the left but not by the right when she disagreed with the right.

Other than that, all I can say is even a stopped watch is correct twice each day.

I know that saying, if you're young and you're not a liberal, you have no heart; if you're old and you're not a conservative, you have no brain. She's getting long in the tooth to start growing some brains.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Susan Sarandon

http://www.classmates.com/blog...rity/susan-sarandon/

also Horshak, and Epstein from welcome back Kotter all grew up there...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I can’t help but get the feeling something else is afoot here. So many in the media and big past supporters are turning publicly on the Clinton’s does not compute. The Clinton’s may be scraping the bottom of the political capital barrel but they are still dangerous to those who would defy and turn on them them.

It’s like mad dog says. Be nice to everyone you meet but have a plan to kill them. I think the Clinton’s have been practicing this long before Mad Dog ever said it.

Of course if the Clinton’s burn the party and the media down on their way out well nothing would be finer!!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Susan Sarandon

http://www.classmates.com/blog...rity/susan-sarandon/

also Horshak, and Epstein from welcome back Kotter all grew up there...

Is that Al Franken behind her Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Your skills are fading sagging with age, Mrs. Sarandon.

FIFY

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

quote:

(D) don't care about character or the content of one's heart. (D) are shallow people, weak minded, and ignorant. Susan is a good representation of most (D).

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because it's all about WHAT a person is and not WHO they are. Looking at race as the deciding trait IS racism, stone cold, straight up, Grand Wizard racism.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post