SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I feel old - Margaritaville retirement communities
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel old - Margaritaville retirement communities Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
I officially feel old now. Not only that, horrified. Whole communities of poser drunken old farts wearing black socks with sandals, Hawaiian shirts, beer hats with straws and nothing other than, "Songs you Know by Heart" downloaded.

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...-communities-112302/

Jimmy Buffett to Open Margaritaville Retirement Communities
$1 billion Daytona Beach project will cater to Parrotheads “55 and better”
By DANIEL KREPS
Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Email
Show more sharing options

Jimmy Buffett has announced plans to break ground on a string of retirement communities inspired by his classic “Margaritaville” and its themed chain of restaurants and resorts.

For Parrotheads “55 and better” seeking an “active adult community” while wasted away again, the Latitude Margaritaville will open its first branch in Daytona Beach, Florida, with similar communities also in the works.

“Inspired by the legendary music and lifestyle of singer, songwriter and best-selling author Jimmy Buffett, your new home in paradise features exciting recreation, unmatched dining and FINtastic nightlife,” the Latitude Margaritaville site says.

The $1 billion project, a collaboration between Margaritaville Holdings and Minto Communities, aims to create 7,000 homes in Daytona Beach; since announcing Latitude Margaritaville two weeks ago, the property has already received over 10,000 registrations, Minto senior vice president Bill Bullock told Good Morning America.

“It’s going to be a very fun place,” Bullock added. “We expect our first residents to be living in the community by late summer of 2018.”
The Daytona Beach branch’s sales office will open in late 2017, with model homes opening in early 2018.

2018 is shaping up to a busy year for Buffett as the singer’s greatest hits will serve as the inspiration for a Broadway musical titled Escape to Margaritaville. While the musical won’t arrive on Broadway until spring 2018, the show will debut this May with a six-week run at La Jolla, California’s La Jolla Playhouse.

Following that, Escape to Margaritaville will play for audiences in New Orleans, Houston and Chicago before setting course for New York.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Not for me. I can't stand him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I had come across this story a few months ago and had intended on posting it but forgot..so thanks for the post.

I haven't been to a Buffett show in years now, buy they have always drawn a mix of people...and even years ago there was no missing the 50s and older crowd that both enjoyed his music, enjoyed the show, enjoyed the tail-gate parties...and had the financial means to do so.

As silly as it sounds at first thought I think the Margaritaville retirement communities is a great idea for Parrotheads that want to continue the lifestyle.

I predict that slots in the Margaritaville retirement communities will be in huge demand and will be a financial success...at least over the next 30 years or so.

I'll just bet that there will be some fun and interesting stories coming out of there. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I bet they have a great cheeseburger

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Everyone can get drunk and screw.
Wait, that sounds like a GREAT idea!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be sporting a pencil thin mustache when I move in!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:

We have that at The Villages already LOL

The Villages swinging sex seniors

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the Keith Richards retirement village.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

AWESOME story, lol.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It may be that most parrotheads are 55 or older. Genius.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Yes, my first nursing job out of school was in Heaven's waiting room otherwise known as the ER at Banner Boswell in Sun City, AZ. I was really surprised to learn that Sun City had the highest rate for STD's anywhere in the state. Marijuana use was also extremely common.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well I guess the question has finally been answered.

I don't know, I don't know,
I don't know, where I'm a gonna go
When the volcano blows

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I'll bet I know the kind of vending machines Jimmy will feature.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am waiting for the Keith Richards retirement village.

You might be waiting for a while. He has had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel for at least 30 years now.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Not in his wildest dreams did he see this coming. Quite an empire just being a good guy. A1A still stands out.

Livingston, MT
Murray Hotel

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Seven thousand homes in one retirement community?! Holy shitballs.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
There's one in planning in Walton/Bay County, FL (near Panama City). Latitude Margaritaville St. Joe is involved; they own the land, have deep pockets, and have developed first class communities in the area. So it should be a go.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post