SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can you believe a store would put a returned electric toothbrush back on the shelf?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you believe a store would put a returned electric toothbrush back on the shelf? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Seems like a personal health item would not be simply put on a shelf when it gets returned even if it appears to be unopened. Maybe I am wrong but it seems like common sense.

Some idiot apparently opened the bottom of the box and reglued it, swapping their toothbrushes of a different model, with what was supposed to be in it.

My father in law bought me the 2 pack of Oral B electric toothbrushes. I thought it was sealed as I pulled the cardboard zip tab off the top. I noticed some white residue at the top. I figured it was some lube like TW25. Then I noticed one was missing a color ring. The heads were slightly different. One was missing the blue wear color on the bristles. As I noticed the third brush head was not in the box I saw the picture on the front. The damn toothbrushes do not match the picture!

SOB I'm sick at my stomach and disgusted. I was finger fondling some low life's damn used toothbrushes bristles and all.

Ugg. I would have put this in the gripe section, but figured this might save someone else the same issue. Check those things really good before you use them. I was about to brush my teeth.

I need an alcohol bath. Wonder if it was some ass that submitted a DNA test to some ancestry site.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I got some used electric razor heads from Walmart once. I suspect if it looks as if it has never been opened they'll put it back on the shelf.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I got some used electric razor heads from Walmart once. I suspect if it looks as if it has never been opened they'll put it back on the shelf.

Probably. But I am certain they've had thefts like this happen many times with items. I doubt the person that returned mine was some genius with an original idea. They didn't look closely enough when returned. It had a small see through spot. Certain things just should not be resold.

I recall someone buying a gallon of used oil one time. At least it wasn't a personal hygiene item.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping he didn't "brown bristle" it before he returned it! Eek Big Grin Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I can. Some stores dilligently inspect returned items others do not. If I remember correctly some stores have a policy of sending these returned items to a reseller who then markets them in stores outside the United States.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother bought a NIB lawnmower from Lowe’s. Opened the box and found the mower was used with grass clippings on the underside etc. it had been taken apart enough to fit back in, box reglued, staples pushed back in. May have been a swap out as well. When he took it back to show then he got serious attitude from the manager.

Not a toothbrush but it shows the mentality of this world.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
"brown bristle"

Oh
my
gawd!

Blech!!!

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Electric tooth brush heads are a high dollar item if you haven’t noticed.

Sounds like it’s a scam where they buy a set, then replace them with cheap counterfeit ones, then return it to the store “because they bought the wrong ones”.
Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Electric tooth brush heads are a high dollar item if you haven’t noticed.

Sounds like it’s a scam where they buy a set, then replace them with cheap counterfeit ones, then return it to the store “because they bought the wrong ones”.
Mad

They swapped their old used Brauns for the new $120 set of Brauns

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Could be worse, could have been Trojan's. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I misread your title and thought you were complaining they wouldn't.

Ugh.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
When my son was an infant, my wife bought one of those battery powered nasal evacuater things that we didn't realize had been used and returned until we opened the package and found dried brown snot in it. In a fit of irony, the store refused to take it back, saying since it had been used and they had no way of determining who had done it, they couldn't help us.

Guess we should have just tried the same thing the previous owner did, and just carefully repackage it to look new, but then the cycle would have continued.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was in line at wallymart return area when a guy was loudly complaining that he'd just purchased one of those gallon size motor oil jugs and found it was full of old used oil, not new! This was an expensive synthetic, not cheap regular oil.

The returns person was giving him a hard time and threatening to call security, as if he were the thief.

The man loudly declared that all wallymart had to do was review their security cameras, from outside when he drove up and walked in, grabbed the oil, walked to cashier and paid, walked out to his truck parked very near the front, raise his hood, etc and show him where they thought he'd switched it out. This would only be a short 5 or 10 minutes from start to finish.

Things were getting pretty heated. Finally the store manager came over, listened, and agreed to return his money, apologized, etc.

It's pretty lowlife for someone to fill a motoroil jug and return it as if new and unopened.

Is my understanding that major retailers have really sophisticated video surveillance cameras with excellent quality details. I'm also sure that there are many tales of how creative thieves are.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The motor oil thing happens all the time at gas stations. It's well known. Same thing with windshield washer fluid: water and a bit of blue food dye. Always carefully check the caps on either of those two items when you purchase. Shitbirds are known to watch for new employees to "return" those two items to since they usually don't know better.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Cell phone cases are another swapped item. A cheap ebay knockoff is put in the box of an expensive case and returned.

A guy at work told me about 10 years ago that his wife returned some Rifle ammo at one of the larger sporting goods stores. It scared the crap out of me that a store would take back ammo given any number of possibilities exist. Of course I assume it got resold.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Today we noticed this one already had a blue return sticker on it that we did not notice before. It had a 4 digit number but I am not sure if they note those numbers on a specific return. If so it would be extremely easy to find out who did it given Sams has membership info.

They exchanged without an issue today, but I am still disgusted by it all. No telling what was on them.

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I bought a printer that had been swapped with a cheaper model. The Wal Mart employee at the customer service counter accused me of doing it myself. It took 3 managers to straighten it out, and the only thing that saved me was that I came in looking for an exchange, not a return.

I also bought a mattress pad from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I opened the box, and the pad was not sealed and was covered in some form of short, dark, curly hair. I luckily didn't have any trouble taking that one back, as the cashier was probably more disgusted than me. She almost lost it right there at the register.

Someone is probably supposed to check that sort of thing on returns, but I'm sure things slip through all of the time as evidenced by this thread.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
At the local HEB someone was swapping out beer. The MO was to take three expensive packs of four beers and switch those into two cheap six packs. The scammer was getting $39 of beer for $12.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In another life, I worked at a big NAPA store. We'd catch customers try to return cores as new product. Some were very careful in their attempts to re-box, others not so gifted, as their greasy ass fingerprints were all over the box. I hate thievery.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post