SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good service from KDG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good service from KDG Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Several months back I bought an Aimpoint micro.
Did some shopping around and decided I wanted to use the KDG mount:

https://kineticdg.com/product/...impoint-t1-t2-h1-h2/

After receiving it and putting it on the gun... I decided it was slightly too tall for what I wanted.
So I put it into the bin and ordered up the little brother:

https://kineticdg.com/product/...absolute-co-witness/
quote:

That's been in place now on the rifle ever since and it's been great.

The other day I received another aimpoint micro as a birthday present from the girlfriend (yay!).
So I dug up the old mount since I now have another gun to put this on - and the taller mount would work great!

After I found the mount I had a sudden idiot moment and removed the screws holding the baseplate together. To my dismay I discovered that there's all manner of springs and levers inside there - which were now in utter disarray due to my tampering.
Luckily none of the parts went flying away so I was able to collect them all up.
However... there is no guide on reassembly.
So I shot KDG an email describing what I did and asking for help.

Then since I was bored (and still an idiot) I started to try to figure out the mechanics of it all.
I was able to puzzle out how it all connects... then in my attempt to reassemble.. one of the pins shot out into the cosmos.

About 12 hours later (I sent my email at 4am) I got a reply:

KDG:
quote:

Hey Michael,

If you have all of the parts, Send it to me and we will put it back together for ya. Just send it to:

KDG
ATTN: AJ - REPAIR
126 Foxshire Drive 1st Floor
Lancaster PA 17601

Me:
quote:

Ok I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I figured out how it goes together.

Bad news: during my last attempt to reassemble it…. the little pin that sits in the large spring shot off like a crossbow bolt and is now gone forever.

What will a replacement pin/assembly cost me? (assuming this is something you’ll do)

-Mike

KDG:
quote:

Nothing, ill just send you one. Just have to take a pic with an arrow showing me what pin you need.

AJ

<I replied with a pic of where the part goes>

KDG:

quote:

Roger that. Send me your shipping address.

what size tshirt do you wear?

Me:

quote:

Lol my screwup results in a free shirt? That’s damn fine service!
size XL

-Mike

KDG:
quote:

haha no problem man. Its Christmas time Smile

Thanks dude

A few hours later, the girlfriend came home from work and was able to locate the missing part after about 10 seconds of looking (clearly I must be blind)
I've already emailed them back and informed to call the whole thing off... but it's real nice to see good customer service like this.

So big kudos to the folks at KDG.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post