SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another 18 wheeler driver that was not too smart.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another 18 wheeler driver that was not too smart. Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 12665 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
OK, I think I must have missed something. Road rage over what? Why did the driver change lanes and why was he driving in the "shoulder" area?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
OK, I think I must have missed something. Road rage over what? Why did the driver change lanes and why was he driving in the "shoulder" area?

flashguy

Clickbait heading to get more views and likes.

(Not the OP, the person who uploaded the video)

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just saw unsafe lane changes, reckless driving, and excessive speed. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My first thought was the load shifted within the trailer. Crashing truck was doing nearly the same speed as the following truck.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watch the silver Ford, looks like that truck and suv had something going on between them, the suv blocks him from moving from the left lane, then later swerves in front of the truck when it's in the right lane, eventually backs off to take an exit.

Looks like the rig was moving pretty fast, passing on the left and right, crossing three lanes then lost it in the curve after the suv pulled off

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
He was angry at having to remain vertical.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In most states, that semi and trailer should not be driving in the left lane, anyway.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Container truck driver... Cuz that’s how it’s done in Pakistan.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think the load shifted in the trailer... something was going on that the driver was off on the shoulder.... did not feel right or something.... person driving the car with the dash cam was lucky and it was good they could make that quick lane change for sure.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in Charlotte, today:

Dump Truck

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
That's in NJ I belive. Trucks aren't supposed to be in the left lane. They can if its a two lane highway.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I think the load shifted in the trailer... something was going on that the driver was off on the shoulder.... did not feel right or something.... person driving the car with the dash cam was lucky and it was good they could make that quick lane change for sure.
He swerved a time or 3 when he was in a lane. I dont think load shift. I think anger, 1 hand steering with over speed and a hand full of CB mic. Any how, thats one T600 for the scrap pile. Totally uncalled for, dangerous driving.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't know about road rage, but that was crap driving for sure.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of larry starling
posted Hide Post
I drive a truck and have safely driven over 3 million miles accident free! Yes the trucking industry is full of Idiots and people who have no business driving a truck! But by large I see more people in cars doing dumb shit than I do trucks! Maybe if the states did a better job testing people and teaching cars how they need to drive around trucks a lot of this crap could be eliminated or maybe most car drivers should just put their phones down!

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
That's in NJ I belive. Trucks aren't supposed to be in the left lane. They can if its a two lane highway.

That's Route 17 NB in Ramsey, NJ....The Truck crashed approx. 1/2 mile from the NY border.

IMO, that road is much narrower and the turn where the crash occurred is much sharper than it appears in the video. There's also a pretty decent grade/downhill prior to entering that curve. I'd say speed and getting surprised in that turn was a factor in losing control of the truck/load.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8871 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larry starling:
I drive a truck and have safely driven over 3 million miles accident free! Yes the trucking industry is full of Idiots and people who have no business driving a truck! But by large I see more people in cars doing dumb shit than I do trucks!

Spoken for truth.

Having had to drive up and down the NJ Turnpike for many, many years and in fact again just last weekend driving back from Upstate NY, I always drive on the "Cars/Trucks/Buses" side of the Turnpike as opposed to just the "Cars only" lanes. The truckers know their business and are about simply getting from point A to B as safely and as quickly as possible. More to the point, they are professional drivers where as the typical driver in a car...well, he ain't.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
Top-heavy and overweight. They load containers to the roof. Wrong chassis for that load. Speed also a factor. Reverse bank curve will do that.

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The explorer is hitting their brakes after passing the semi in the middle lane, which keeps him besides the semi in the right lane. Trying to trap the semi in the right lane?
Then goes back into the left lane after the semi is in the left lane.

Wonder what was taking place before they both passed the semi in the middle lane?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Looks like the last turn on route 17 before it merges with the NYS thruway.

He was in such a hurry to get out of New Jersey that he was driving like crazy. When he released he was entering New York, he decided it was just better to crash the truck. Big Grin

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post