SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who lives in a far off place and can help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who lives in a far off place and can help Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted
My son has a project called flat Stanley where he has to mail out a paper person to somewhere in the world. The recipient will take him on a few local adventures taking pictures along the way and send them back. This will take place in the next 30 days.

Does anyone care to help take flat Stanley around your hometown to 2-4 places.

Thanks much
Tim

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
One of the ladies at work did this for a kid a while back. It looked like a neat project!
I'd be happy to take Stanley on a tour, if Virginia is "far away" enough.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
This place can do better than that- let's send Flat Stanley all over. He can go to VA, then up the coast and come flatbedding in New England with me, then I can send him to the next member, and so on...
What's the Flat Stanley deadline?

A couple weeks could have Stanley all over the country!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm game if you don't mind flat Stanley maybe coming back a dirty hippie.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
My son has a project called flat Stanley where he has to mail out a paper person to somewhere in the world. The recipient will take him on a few local adventures taking pictures along the way and send them back. This will take place in the next 30 days.

Does anyone care to help take flat Stanley around your hometown to 2-4 places.

Thanks much
Tim

Using the internet, we could send a printable image which the host prints and then places in photographs. Stanley could even be in multiple places at the same time.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
If you can do it on the 'net, I'm happy to help from central Mexico. I have some cool pictures. I've taken over 5,000 in the past 2 years. I don't get physical mail here however.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
senza nome has the right idea.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
It gets mailed from the school so it will need to be somewhere that has a physical mailing address. Keep it coming guys and gals

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
st. louis MO?

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I travel from Southern ME to Central ME and into New Hampshire weekly if that might work for you.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm not in a far off place anymore.

When I lived in Alaska, my childhood neighbor (we went to elementary, jr high, and high school together) mailed me her daughter's flat stanley. I mailed it to my friend who was living in Dubai, she sent it to Houston with a coworker on a business trip, and it was mailed back to my hometown. She had the most widely traveled flat stanley in the class.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking Buenos Aires might be pretty far from him...

Not that I'm trying to volunteer anyone...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be in DC, London and East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Burundi,Somalia and S. Sudan) over the next 30 days, let me know how I can help.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I have family in Berlin, and a cousin that's a doctor. I'm sure she'd be into this.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in china for just a bit longer. Unfortunately sending it here would be expensive, slow and it might not make it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
This place can do better than that- let's send Flat Stanley all over. He can go to VA, then up the coast and come flatbedding in New England with me, then I can send him to the next member, and so on...
What's the Flat Stanley deadline?

A couple weeks could have Stanley all over the country!

Mystery box Stanley?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I live near Oliver Cromwell's home town, Huntingdon, in East Anglia - that's Eastern England for those not overly familiar with the place. We have still got a bunch of 'Flat Stanley' paperbacks from when our daughter was small...

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I'm going to take sooma up on his offer and see if we can work it out. Ill post pictures when this is over.

Tac if this doesn't work out I'll be with you next if that's ok.
Thanks to the best membership this side of endor.
Tim

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
I'm game if you don't mind flat Stanley maybe coming back a dirty hippie.

Big Grin

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Mystery box Stanley?

Ooh, fun! Stanley picks up souvenirs on his travels! Big Grin

Looks like sooma's the man. Happy travels, Stanley!

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post