SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is your property surrounded by a moat?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is your property surrounded by a moat? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
If so, is there a drawbridge across the moat and does said moat contain, oh, I don't know, live alligators?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Surrounded by water on three sides in Florida, so yes on the alligators, but not purposely so. A road with culvert, but no bridge or drawbridge. In response to your other thread, no cannons or mortars either, but I'm sensing a pattern.

I feel like this is a test to see how many people post without the relavant information. For example, I did not post in your how many people here own a cannon thread because I don't own one which isn't the information you were looking for and posting such would create clutter.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a cannon or a moat, better yet both. Instead I have two dogs, a wife & daughter that can shoot and lots of friends to call for help.

Hmmm, is this a shot across the bow concerning the upcoming Real Idiots Of The Soros thread?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No, but I hoping for the next best thing- catapults and livestock

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
No moat.
But close enough to the river that it's a possibility when the river floods. I do have a canoe to escape...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No but I know where a backhoe is located....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
None of the above but a gnarly single lane road up a mountain road with only 4 houses that you can see. It's the ones you can't see that someone would need to worry about...

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Jack Benny had a moat to protect the vault in his basement...

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I thought when we came up with the perfect locale with citizens of the forum, we were gonna build a wall of conex boxes two high and manned with mini guns?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on the severity of the storm. 300ft is water already

Yes I have alligators. Ol”Claude” is about 10+ft currently and makes a visit about once a week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
A thread about cannons / mortars, and another thread about moats....

Problem with the neighbors, Para? Wink

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Aqua Terminators in the water...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I do have an assortment of shovels.....

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
No moat or alligators.

Instead my home is defended by two highly-trained house cats.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God dammit, another question that makes me ponder if I should. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
God dammit, another question that makes me ponder if I should. Smile

Now I really want someone to contact their city or county codes officer and ask about a moat, then post the answer back here.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No moat, but natural barrier consisting of a small river & lake for 180 degrees with a small bridge - alas not a drawbridge, but I'm sure be could destroy it if vehicle assault was expected. Smile A couple small gators in the water but they get relocated by the wildlife peoples.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...-moat-around-a-house

Jesus all in, cannon, armor and moat I am out at least 80 grand. I just don’t think I can swing this. Can we do a commune type thing?

Yes I had to look it all up because....well because don’t judge me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Live alligators? No, but now that you mention it they would be more effective than the dead ones.. I was counting on the smell to keep undesirables away

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post