SIGforum
Is your property surrounded by a moat?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2690088274

July 29, 2020, 03:35 PM
parabellum
Is your property surrounded by a moat?
If so, is there a drawbridge across the moat and does said moat contain, oh, I don't know, live alligators?
July 29, 2020, 03:43 PM
trapper189
Surrounded by water on three sides in Florida, so yes on the alligators, but not purposely so. A road with culvert, but no bridge or drawbridge. In response to your other thread, no cannons or mortars either, but I'm sensing a pattern.

I feel like this is a test to see how many people post without the relavant information. For example, I did not post in your how many people here own a cannon thread because I don't own one which isn't the information you were looking for and posting such would create clutter.
July 29, 2020, 03:43 PM
Dakor
I wish I had a cannon or a moat, better yet both. Instead I have two dogs, a wife & daughter that can shoot and lots of friends to call for help.

Hmmm, is this a shot across the bow concerning the upcoming Real Idiots Of The Soros thread?
July 29, 2020, 03:48 PM
oddball
No, but I hoping for the next best thing- catapults and livestock

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
July 29, 2020, 03:48 PM
chellim1
No moat.
But close enough to the river that it's a possibility when the river floods. I do have a canoe to escape...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
July 29, 2020, 03:49 PM
HRK
No but I know where a backhoe is located....
July 29, 2020, 03:53 PM
sig229-SAS
None of the above but a gnarly single lane road up a mountain road with only 4 houses that you can see. It's the ones you can't see that someone would need to worry about...
July 29, 2020, 04:26 PM
snoris
Jack Benny had a moat to protect the vault in his basement...
July 29, 2020, 04:32 PM
MikeinNC
I thought when we came up with the perfect locale with citizens of the forum, we were gonna build a wall of conex boxes two high and manned with mini guns?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
July 29, 2020, 04:42 PM
snwghst
Depends on the severity of the storm. 300ft is water already

Yes I have alligators. Ol”Claude” is about 10+ft currently and makes a visit about once a week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
July 29, 2020, 05:33 PM
Gear.Up
A thread about cannons / mortars, and another thread about moats....

Problem with the neighbors, Para? Wink
July 29, 2020, 05:54 PM
Dzozer
Aqua Terminators in the water...

'Live long and prosper'
July 29, 2020, 07:17 PM
Johnny 3eagles
I do have an assortment of shovels.....

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
July 29, 2020, 07:27 PM
darthfuster

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
July 29, 2020, 07:28 PM
Sig2340
No moat or alligators.

Instead my home is defended by two highly-trained house cats.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
July 29, 2020, 07:49 PM
cslinger
God dammit, another question that makes me ponder if I should. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
July 29, 2020, 07:55 PM
Gear.Up
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
God dammit, another question that makes me ponder if I should. Smile

Now I really want someone to contact their city or county codes officer and ask about a moat, then post the answer back here.
July 29, 2020, 08:11 PM
RHINOWSO
No moat, but natural barrier consisting of a small river & lake for 180 degrees with a small bridge - alas not a drawbridge, but I'm sure be could destroy it if vehicle assault was expected. Smile A couple small gators in the water but they get relocated by the wildlife peoples.
July 29, 2020, 08:20 PM
cslinger
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...-moat-around-a-house

Jesus all in, cannon, armor and moat I am out at least 80 grand. I just don’t think I can swing this. Can we do a commune type thing?

Yes I had to look it all up because....well because don’t judge me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
July 29, 2020, 08:20 PM
Lord Vaalic
Live alligators? No, but now that you mention it they would be more effective than the dead ones.. I was counting on the smell to keep undesirables away

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day