SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just put down one of my cats--RIP Spike
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just put down one of my cats--RIP Spike Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences flashguy. I was never a cat guy until this underweight, scruffy, hungry and lovable Tuxedo tracked me down at a cookout I had. What a blessing he’s been. He’s my friend.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses. My other cats and I are coping. All my cats were born in or near my back yard to feral mothers and wound up in my menagerie. I love them all.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Thanks for all the responses. My other cats and I are coping. All my cats were born in or near my back yard to feral mothers and wound up in my menagerie. I love them all.

flashguy

You’re a good man for giving them lives......saving their lives.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

You’re a good man for giving them lives......saving their lives.
Thanks for your support, but I'm not special. I live alone and my cats are my constant companions.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bummer, dude. Sorry for your loss.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for you Flash. What a beautiful boy Spike was.
He will always be in your heart.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19157 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Spike.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, flashguy Frown

I held one of ours through his final moments, too. It's always rough, but that was even rougher. I'll do it again, though, when they allow it.

RIP, Spike.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences.
That is tough thing to do.

Went through it with my beloved dog 3 months ago.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, all who have offered support. I offer my condolences to those who have had to go through similar procedures recently.

It is apparent that the other cats do realize that Spike is no longer with us. Yesterday, Silver (one of his littermates) came into the den and just stared up at a high bookshelf--I assume she was thinking he might be up there (some of the cats do go there). I have tried talking to them and explaining that Spike won't be back, but I know it probably doesn't help. (It doesn't help ME.)

flashguy

posted Hide Post
So sorry.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frown We've got two fourteen year old cats (brothers) that are starting to get very lethargic. The wife and I are absolutely dreading what you just had to go through. Thanks for giving Spike a good life.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Frown We've got two fourteen year old cats (brothers) that are starting to get very lethargic. The wife and I are absolutely dreading what you just had to go through. Thanks for giving Spike a good life.
Have you had them looked at? Spike had been lethargic for about a week before his passing. I don't know if earlier intervention could have saved him.

When it comes time, I do recommend that you be present during the euthanesia. It will be hard, but trust me, not being present when they die will rip you a new one later from remorse. (Don't ask me how I know.)

flashguy

Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry flashguy. RIP Spike.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1522 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post