SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Strict" NC Voter ID law struck down / SC won't hear appeal because of DEM NC governor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Strict" NC Voter ID law struck down / SC won't hear appeal because of DEM NC governor Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hangtime, NC ain't that bad. Try living in Hampton Roads. I live outside Winston Salem in a small town and I'm loving it. If you are in a major city yeah it probably sucks but thankfully NC has tons of rural areas. In my experience NC is NOTHING like New Jersey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I couldn't help but notice on that map.

The majority of the states that require no document to vote tend to vote overwhelmingly for the Democrats.
They also happen to be the most populated states in the country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
thought it would be good to list exactly what the different categories mean on the Voter Identification map:

"Strict photo ID" : If ID is not presented, the voter votes on a provisional ballot and must submit a copy of identification within 3 days. The provisional vote is not counted until the identification proof is provided

"Strict non-photo ID" : similar to above except the ID does not have to be a photo

"Photo ID requested" : If no ID is presented, the voter can sign an affidavit and vote a regular ballot

"ID requested; photo not required" : varies a lot state to state. At the NCSL website, you can run your cursor over a state to see details

"No document required to vote" : just what it says. no doc required

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
NOT..Overcrowded shithole ..think New Jersey south..

Use to be ok till being overrun with others.

Ummm not even slightly. But feel free to move.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
NC is a great place to live.....
NOT..Overcrowded shithole ..think New Jersey south..

Use to be ok till being overrun with others.

Then you're living in the wrong part. Wink

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Haha, I live in Charlotte and it's still not that bad. Outside of Asheville, Greensboro, Winston, High Point, Charlotte, Raleigh, there is very little overcrowding and mostly rural. A ton of transplants have come down from the north but they stay in the major cities.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Serious question, has anyone determined just how many people don't have photo ID? Is it really a problem?
Recall a video where a reported on the street asked people if they had a photo ID the vast majority were Black and everybody had an ID.

even the career criminals who don't have a pot to piss in have an ID....

NC will give you an ID if you tell the examiner that it is for ID and you are poor...you just have to get to the DL office and get an ID...

EVERYONE has an ID in NC...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post