SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer Request (Updates OP and Pg.3)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer Request (Updates OP and Pg.3) Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
My best friend's son has liver cancer (90% certainty). 2/3 will be removed, with surgery in 5 days (he needs to stabilize a bit more). If he survives, ongoing prognosis looks good. Could use some good prayer support at this time. He's an ATC in the Air Force, wife and son.

UPDATE Apparently it's bile duct cancer. Usually not caught in time for surgery, so most of the time fatal. The fact that they are operating is a good sign, but they have to get all of it, including metastasis.

4/28 Marky has been in surgery for 10 hours. Gall bladder and right lobe of liver removed. Arterial grafts and biliary tract reconstruction being done.

4/30 Procedure was 10 hours. Removed: 2/3 of liver, GB, some biliary tract. Arterial repairs done. Not all cancer could be safely removed. After post-op recovery (PT and pain management), chemo and/or radiation treatment begins.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Prayers said now!

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers offered up.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
As I type, done..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for the Air Force ATC hero.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Prayers going up for all the family and friends.

Best wishes.

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
You've got them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Seems like just yesterday that Marky asked "Uncle Kevin" to take him to the range and teach him how to shoot a rifle just before AF boot camp. I taught him on a Mini-14, though of course he qualified on an M4 or M16. He won a marksmanship award.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers, prayers, and more prayers for him and all those near and dear to him!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. My aunt had bile duct cancer and made it. She's close to or past the five year cancer free mark. I'm not sure if there are different kinds, but at the time, John Hopkins had the best reputation for the surgery that she had.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add our prayers as well.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the lad and his family for a swift recovery and for a good life afterward. Will lite a candle for him tonight. Please let us know how he progress.

On another note I have one of you adapters on my mini 14. Thank you.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Will do.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
God bless and prayers sent.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... prayers sent ... god bless ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are sent as well.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post