SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help RogueJSK outfit his bachelor pad, Part 1 - Recliners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help RogueJSK outfit his bachelor pad, Part 1 - Recliners Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The dog is 130ish pounds, so we won't be able to share a standalone recliner...

I bet the dog doesn't agree! Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Flexsteel. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I've been very pleased with my Flexsteel reclining leather sofas and chair, they were in your price range when I purchased them, and they are made in the USA!

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Flexsteel. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Thanks. I had been eyeing those. And one of the nearby large furniture stores is one of their studio retailers, so I can try them out. (At least, once all this blows over.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have both La-Z-Boy and Flexsteel, and love them. Cloth upholstered ones are less sweaty and more comfy than leather, when the weather is hot. Even with the AC going.

I give the edge to La-Z-Boy. Just so darn comfortable to sit in.

Whatever you buy, make sure it has good lumbar support before you pull the trigger.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Costco, if you have one, can have some decent furniture at a pretty good price. I got my recliner there a couple of years ago and I have been satisfied with it so far.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No Costcos here. They can't compete with Sam's Club in Walmart's own backyard.

Walmart/Sam's Club is headquartered about 20 miles away from my house.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Ekornes Stressless

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
We've been buying Laz-i-boy for decades. They don't last forever, but then I won't either. This cycle I bought one of the ejection seat models. If you've got the time. The sales lady wasn't amused when I asked if I doubled the voltage, would it double the speed.

Gawd is it comfortable. The last cycle lasted just under 10 years. No problem for me. Notice we bought from them again. I doubt if I'm good for 10 more myself. The stand up feature is great, it stands you up and kicks your ass out. No back issues if you can tolerate the slow speed. I've got one that might be 20 years old upstairs. Its like an old friend, and I don't go near it because its so comfortable. I've not tried the other brands. I'm willing to drop $2k every 10 years on a chair I really like.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post