SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Railroad apologizes for using ‘bait truck’ to lure thieves in Chicago
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Railroad apologizes for using ‘bait truck’ to lure thieves in Chicago Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
How then are the police to battle this: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...teal-scores-of-guns/

Operation Eldest Son?

Smile

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
quote:

How then are the police to battle this: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...teal-scores-of-guns/

More stings clearly.

I was taught to debate your point with passion and intelligence. You didn't.

What did you offer up for debate? A news article I'm supposed to take as your opinion? I'm not wasting my time interpreting a story that basically says the rail yards have lax security. They've been that way for 20 years, Mr. Intelligence.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

More stings clearly.

I was taught to debate your point with passion and intelligence. You didn't.

What did you offer up for debate? A news article I'm supposed to take as your opinion? I'm not wasting my time interpreting a story that basically says the rail yards have lax security. They'be been that way for 20 years, Mr. Intelligence.

Didn't say that was my opinion. That is an example of the problem. You have problems with the way things are done, but you have no ideas on how to do them the way that meets your standards. We aren't wasting your time, you are wasting ours. If you don't like the way things are done, come up with new ideas or shut up and sit down.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
This reminded me of the Florida case where a woman shot a 17 year old burglar. His families View was:

“What’s wrong with her,” asked Johnson’s sister Nisha Johnson. “She did not have to shoot him.”
“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” said Harris. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”
“said Harris. “If she called the police already why would she shoot him?”

This is a point of view that I cannot understand. If you want clothes for school, you break into a house and steal. If you are caught, nothing should be done. Last, calling the police means you must stop trying to interfere with the thief.

It seems the same sort of thinking happened with the bait car. It doesn’t matter what was in it, or that there was security, it’s acceptable to break in and steal. When you find that it’s a trap, you argue it’s the authorities fault.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ould-she-be-charged/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Chicago

Enjoy your shit hole.

-XOXO

You know whats funny, I've found that people who work for a living live so much better than the have nots who point the finger for all their problems. I've oddly never been trapped by a bait vehicle. Might have something to do with me not breaking into other peoples stuff.

Fun side note they ran a bait vehicle (open minivan with boxes of stuff inside) in my old neighborhood and they stopped because people kept looking around for the owner before closing the door and locking it.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ulsterman - Save the bravado. You offered nothing to debate...period.

Icabod - That mentality, be it right or wrong, it's very much what I was trying to discuss. I'm not saying you agree with me but that's the distinction I was trying to discuss without being insulting. This is a complicated social issue.

posted Hide Post
If you don't like how things are done, come up with new ideas on how to improve the process.

Don't sit and piss and moan and sit in a pile of shit and complain that the world didn't treat you fairly.

Give me a plan. Give me an idea. Hell, we put a cocaine dealer in jail with about $20 in baking soda and gallon zip lock bags.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Icabod - That mentality, be it right or wrong, it very much what I was trying to discuss. I'm not saying you agree with me but that's the distinction I was trying to discuss without being insulting. This is a complicated social issue.

Again, someone who pisses and moans but has nothing to offer. Go back to Mom's basement.

I'm good. I didn't piss and moan. I tried to have a discussion. You take it from here with all your ideas.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Icabod - That mentality, be it right or wrong, it very much what I was trying to discuss. I'm not saying you agree with me but that's the distinction I was trying to discuss without being insulting. This is a complicated social issue.

Again, someone who pisses and moans but has nothing to offer. Go back to Mom's basement.

I'm good. I didn't piss and moan. I tried to have a discussion. You take it from here with all your ideas.

You have no ideas on how to do things different? Old saying is you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. I spent 40 years trying to be part of the solution. Learned new ideas from the young people on the team. They didn't like how things were done and worked to get things done different. Some worked, some didn't. If you don't like how things are done, work to change them.

posted Hide Post
Come on guys. Lets not get this thread locked.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I see the soft bigotry of low expectations is rearing its racist head in this thread. Every race, color, and creed is capable of not stealing and it’s racist to say black folks can’t resist stealing Nike’s.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no intention of getting this thread locked and will be happy to move on. I respect the discussions we are afforded here. I own my home. I don't need insults hurled at me. When you tell me to go back to my mom's basement you haven't shown much intelligence. By the way, my mom has been dead for 36 years.

tatortodd- Not sure if that's directed at me but it misses the point. Nothing would have made the news if this was just a random container being broken into...which happens all the time! This was a targeted operation apparently.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Icabod - That mentality, be it right or wrong, it's very much what I was trying to discuss. I'm not saying you agree with me but that's the distinction I was trying to discuss without being insulting. This is a complicated social issue.

The mentality shown is alien to me. Another aspect of the mentality is shown with the interaction with police. Running generally would never occur to me. Defying the police even less.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
It seems the same sort of thinking happened with the bait car. It doesn’t matter what was in it, or that there was security, it’s acceptable to break in and steal. When you find that it’s a trap, you argue it’s the authorities fault.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ould-she-be-charged/

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I see the soft bigotry of low expectations is rearing its racist head in this thread. Every race, color, and creed is capable of not stealing and it’s racist to say black folks can’t resist stealing Nike’s.

I just watched a Vice News story about this, and this is the exact rationalization community activists used. It's not their community members' faults for stealing. It's the police's fault for creating an opportunity and for enforcing the law.

Chicago police left a “bait truck” full of Nikes in a predominantly black neighborhood

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They only switched to the shoes after a truckload of work boots sat unmolested for three weeks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
They only switched to the shoes after a truckload of work boots sat unmolested for three weeks.

Ok now that's funny!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

I just watched a Vice News story about this, and this is the exact rationalization community activists used. It's not their community members' faults for stealing. It's the police's fault for creating an opportunity and for enforcing the law.

PERFECT! This is probably one of the BEST videos that shows you on the mindset of "Englwood", one of Chicago's tougher neighborhoods.

The two "community activists" (first clue!) do nothing to "help" their community outside of point out how everyone is picking on them.
They will turn over a video of ANY police action, but ZERO of any of the people / folks in Da Hood committing a crime. Amazing how that works...

It's not our fault (second clue) there's sooo much crime.
Uhhh, yeah, it kinda IS your fault there's so much crime in your neighborhood! You're not importing criminals, they're YOUR NEIGHBORS!

We're over-policed, you'd think that there'd be less crime (clue#3).
Did you ever think that if YOU STOP COMMITTING CRIMES, there might be less police?

Come on man... Nike gym shoes in da hood... DATS RACIST! (Clue numero quatro)
Well, if the Race card is the only card you got to play, go all in! Because today everyone and everything is racist! (or a "soft bigot" Roll Eyes )

We don't trust the police as it is, now they [the police] do this... (well, it's kinda self explanatory)
You'll never trust the police, ever... Now the police does what, exactly? Enforce the law? The Police "stage crime" in your neighborhood? Naaa... You're doing a bang-up job all by yourselves!

If the police put more resources into solving the homicides, instead of this... (we just filled up one hand, we'll be on to the next shortly)
How many more resources / opportunities / money / free shit do you want? that neighborhood has more resources poured into it than almost any other neighborhood in Chicago, AND IT'S STILL A SHITHOLE! Multi-million dollar tennis courts, new job opportunities, new schools, new streets, new street lights, new businesses, new stores, new grocery stores that charge LESS for everything than their other stores in other neighborhoods!

Solve Homicides? (On to #6)
Why don't you look at #1, #2, and #3 above? You want homicides solved? "Try not committing so many!" would be a good start... Say something. Say "Pookie" did it. Point to that little fucker and say "Him! HIM RIGHT THERE!" And do it freely. Not because the Police got you serving dope to an undercover officer, or got your 2 time convicted felon self dirty with another gun, and you're trying to say out of the Joint. Say it because it's YOUR neighborhood, and YOU live there. Ahh, but you have no and take no ownership of anything of substance. And stop being such savages. For every ONE righteous person in that neighborhood that's willing to stand up or pull themselves up, there's honestly 20 savages that will go out of their was to literally beat that one person down.

Need I continue with the video, or do I about have it covered?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see you need your glasses cleaned and need to get out into other parts of this Country a little more before you start waiving the "Racist" flag around.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Might as well just apologize for moving any freight at all through the city. Since apparently any container full of goods is fair game for theives....

I'd be okay with electric cables rigged up. If you have no business touching the inside of that rail car - you get zapped. Or maybe just a cloud of orange paint gets blasted onto the yutes.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

I see you need your glasses cleaned and need to get out into other parts of this Country a little more before you start waiving the "Racist" flag around.
???? Four minutes prior, you posted about exactly what my post was about and even quoted iron chef who understood what my post was about, but then you inexplicably post this bullshit?

The racists with the "soft bigotry of low expectations" are the community activists, poverty pimps, charlatans (e.g. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.), and the "enlightened" liberals (i.e. the same racists that think black people can't manage to obtain ID to vote).

In other words, we're on the same side on this issue and were saying the same thing prior to 2:09 PM today.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post