SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Tim Conway
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Tim Conway Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
I loved Tim Conway growing up. He and Harvey Korman on the Carol Burnett show were hilarious.

I agree with the IowaHawkBlog:

Comedy legend Tim Conway, star of 'The Carol Burnett Show,' dead at 85

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Truly a funny man....RIP TIM

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just happened to watch this one the other day.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I always loved Tim Conway, especially when he and Don Knotts teamed up.

Knotts and Conway played bumbling detectives in The Private Eyes. Conway's character believed in all manner of foolishness, including wookalars.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoBgNR_up1A

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
There aren't many comedians today that compare to Tim Conway.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Snorkey"

He was hilarious.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This one's a benchmark. RIP, brother.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace, Tim Conway.

If you have not seen this video, the backstory is that Carol had just yelled at Vicky and the others to stop responding to Tim when he would break script. As they say, wait for it…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mr. Tim Conway.

Thank you for so many honest-to-goodness LOL belly laughs! You were hilarious!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
R.I.P. Mr. Tim Conway.

Thank you for so many honest-to-goodness LOL belly laughs! You were hilarious!!

Yes, thank you Tim.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm getting old.
I remember him from McHale's navy.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mister Parker.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim for many belly laughs over the years. Rest In Peace Tim.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Funny stuff! RIP Tim.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
this was one of my favorites when i was a kid Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/9P2FT2KkZy8

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
RIP! Loved watching him. Grew up watching him on McHale's Navy and The Carol Burnett Show.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My memories of Tim Conway also go back to McHale’s Navy. My Uncle John served on a PT Boat in WWII; this thread makes me think of the many times watching the show with my uncle.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
RIP Ensign Parker and thank you for making me laugh while watching McHale's Navy.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I guess I'm getting old.
I remember him from McHale's navy.
Me, too, along with other roles. He was truly funny, and never obscene or crude.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
He was a Master. R.I.P. Mr. Conway. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post