SIGforum
Battery pole saws/USA made

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2680064074

May 22, 2020, 10:23 AM
gjgalligan
Battery pole saws/USA made
Been looking around without much luck, anybody know of any, besides Stihl, made in the USA.
Might end up with a Stihl but it is pretty costly for old man to buy.
I need one that will last as long as I will likely only need it for a couple of years.
Bought a cheap CHINA one, less then 30 mins running time the chain has jammed or popped off times.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
May 22, 2020, 10:37 AM
ZSMICHAEL
I would cough up the dough for a Stihl. The chain jamming is one thing. If the chain comes off and smacks you in the face, the ER visit will exceed the cost of the saw. Pole chain saws are inherently dangerous. If the cost is too much hire somebody for the job.
May 22, 2020, 10:44 AM
JohnV
We have a Sthil electric chainsaw for use on our land. We use it for limbing and cutting back growth over our trails. It’s awesome!

Posted from my iPhone.
May 22, 2020, 11:09 AM
gjgalligan
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I would cough up the dough for a Stihl. The chain jamming is one thing. If the chain comes off and smacks you in the face, the ER visit will exceed the cost of the saw. Pole chain saws are inherently dangerous. If the cost is too much hire somebody for the job.

$800 (model I would need) is lot to cough up for a couple years use.
And yes, I understand the safety factor. I made it 43 years through the auto plants, as a millwright, and am still in one (worn out) piece.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
May 22, 2020, 11:11 AM
OKCGene
Would you consider renting one, as needed, from someone like maybe Home Depot?
May 22, 2020, 02:43 PM
jimmy123x
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I'd get a gas Echo PPF 225 pole saw for less than $500 and call it a day. I have one and it's an excellent saw. Perhaps use the True fuel in it so you don't have any fuel issues.

$800 (model I would need) is lot to cough up for a couple years use.
And yes, I understand the safety factor. I made it 43 years through the auto plants, as a millwright, and am still in one (worn out) piece.

May 22, 2020, 04:48 PM
GT-40DOC
I bought a battery(40 watt) operated pole saw finally 3 years ago. I am sort of in your situation, and I don't need to use it a lot, but do need it from time to time.

Mine is NOT a USA made unit, but I could not rationalize the cost vs the usage in my situation. I purchased a LLynx model from Harbor Freight, and it, so far, and functioned very well for me. I have zero complaints.

Harbor Freight has a 90 day full warranty(free) against any problem....no questions asked. You can purchase an extended warranty also.

I try to buy American made most of the time, if available, but not this time.
May 22, 2020, 04:55 PM
PowerSurge
Go with the Stihl. Take care of it and when it comes time to sell you won’t lose much money.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1