SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friend in town means steak for supper!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friend in town means steak for supper! Login/Join 
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted
A good friend from San Antonio came to visit for a week, we tooled around Oregon for a week, started in Astoria and then down the coast. Yesterday, we went to Crater Lake and everything in between the lake and Eagle Point, OR. We did a little bit of the Pacific Coast Trail and it was beautiful! The festivities culminated with a steak dinner and she loved it! Protected with my lil' friend and some corn cob holders (they were sharp).

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
That does it. I'm running up to the store and grabbing a steak.

Glad your friend enjoyed. Looks great!

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Very nice set-up. She likes her men Costanzaesque? I hear that a lot too.

Tonight I grilled four large turkey breasts, then a pork loin. Love it when everything comes together!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Good job!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We had steak and corn last night too. Plus some suddenly salad, sliced fresh cucumber from garden, and garlic knots. No pics of mine, way to hungry for that last night.

Since it was on sale for $9.99 a pound I bought a little extra. Cool

If you have a Safeway near you, you may want to see if the have the same sale going on. Not often you see 1/2 price Filet Mignon. Had butcher slice me 8 of these suckers. Ate two last night, we have two vacuum sealed in fridge for the fourth, and two more in the freezer vacuum sealed for future use. Worked out to about $7 a steak for 8 of them. The only time I get that price is buying whole tenderloins. That includes the but end and tips which I don't want. These were cut from the center of the loin.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Careful with those mushrooms. Don't want to chip a tooth.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Those are some fancy corn cob holders.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Those are some fancy corn cob holders.

Are those metal corn cob holders?

I thought just reading from your name and the steak supper, am I supposed to be surprised? thinking you are in TX.

Got a little confused until I figured out you're in Oregon and she visited from San Antonio.

Good looking spread.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I did get the on sale filets from safeway! Before cooking they were two quarters thick, and when I stuck the knife in the first time the juice just ran all over the place. It was beautiful.

Happy 4th everybody!

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought just reading from your name and the steak supper, am I supposed to be surprised? thinking you are in TX.

Got a little confused until I figured out you're in Oregon and she visited from San Antonio.

Good looking spread.

My heart is still in Texas, but being a travel nurse has its opportunities! The cob holders are from Cuisinart, got them on Amazon. Sharp suckers.