SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HarleyD announces 4 new Model Motorcycles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HarleyD announces 4 new Model Motorcycles Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like that street fighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I like the look of them all, except the electric one.

There is no mention of pricing parameters in the article. They want to appeal to the younger crowd, but so far in recent years they have not been pricing them attractively or even more realistically for younger people, IME.

When I got serious about a newer second bike earlier this year, I looked at the last of the 2017's. The model I was interested in was almost 19k at my local dealerships. I ended up finding a 2010 model in excellent condition, low miles at well under half of that price. I didn't give up a lot going back to that model year, and got a great deal. I could have afforded the 19k if I had wanted to, but I couldn't stomach the thought. It just didn't make sense to me.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Pan America. Flat seat, too. But I will wait to see the specs before I try one out.
Weight?
Seat height?
Advanced electronic control systems like my S1000XR?
Integrated GPS?
And price.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
The Pan American is similar to the BMW R1200 GS.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hd's are never going to be as inexpensive as the Rice brands, they have massive production numbers going for them, then again HD is trying to break into other world markets, my guess is these bikes are in some ways for those markets more than the USA.

The adventure looks cool, not sure I'd buy one simply because I'm not going exploring on a motorcycle off road. The racier model, well my HD stomach isn't going to look good on that bike.

I've seen the electric in person, sat on the prototype, it's pretty decent looking in person.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:

The styling reminds me of the Honda Transalp or the Yamaha Tuper Tenere. Styling aside if it doesn't have the tech it's not gonna sell.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I don't ride, but those look awesome!

(How do I put this politely?)

You sound like the average Harley buyer. Big Grin
/Flame suit on/

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Don't disregard the electric, especially as a commuter bike. Something like that with saddlebags/boxes would be perfect.

Electric motors have instant torque. That could be fun in the city. My typical commute is about 8 miles round trip.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Where will they be built? HD is already building bikes overseas.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I like that street fighter.

Meh, a 600 CC Honda would whop it's ass on a wet day.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Handsome bikes

Too bad they're being made by a sellout.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Where will they be built? HD is already building bikes overseas.

York, PA plant will build these.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The street fighter looks OK but I think it would get it's ass kicked by any of the big four 600cc bikes at a fraction of the price. Harley's not really known for performance but they're really known of weight. I understand why people like them but I'd never spend a dime on a Harley

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
What happened to the Ducat deal?
The V-Rod was they last time they broke the mold and they only sold to a very small segment of the market.
My times riding in Manhattan were safer than riding today. They didn't have smart phones the night the lights went out in NYC (1977) and I was there on my electraGlide scooting my ass thru the Lincoln tunnel in a surreal event.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8349 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
What happened to the Ducat deal?

IIRC, VW decided not to sell Ducati.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
quote:
...if you get the idea that I don't like Forward Controls you would be correct. IMO Ape Hangers and forward controls are abominations on a motorcycle and anyone who buys one of these horrors wont ever be a lifelong rider. They just ride for a year or two and list their but beater on Craigs list for whatever some sucker will pay.

I'm one of those guys that like my apes and forward controls. My bikes have all pretty much had those since 1966. But I get it that the man-bun and shirt n' tie boys like their bikes to look like foreign jobs.
I am old, and Harley hasn't been able to depend on us old chopper riders to make a living since we quit buying new bikes eons ago. All we ever did was make an image for them.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:

Wonder if they'll let the PA have the 34" seat height that the BMW has? Kinda doubting it.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post