SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A couple tokens that show I matter.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A couple tokens that show I matter. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I post a lot about issues and dilemmas and such with my family and local friends. It's just not that way here. I just want you guys to know that a lot of you mean more to me than the people I grew up with (so-called friends) and most of my family.

Recently, a friend here sent me something I really wanted because it represented being here and what you all mean to me. I was just off work when it was time to get into the group purchase so I passed on the offer.

Anyway, here they are. I'm not going to mention who gave it (not sure of the etiquette) but I appreciate it.

Much obliged and not just because I got a gift but that you showed me that I matter to someone.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
That is outstanding!

We do have some great members.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Mark, I always enjoy your posts. Of course you matter here!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Thanks. Maybe you could have a word with my family. Wink Nah, I have a couple of words for them. Big Grin

The challenge coins came on a day I was feeling down about things. Perfect timing!

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post OP. Love those.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Nice! Good folk here for sure.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you're the reason I make damn sure McDonald's gives me the proper amount of BBQ Sauce when I order nuggets. If I let them slide I think, "What would Mark say?"

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice, Kudo's to the member who sent them.

Your challenges are the same ones that almost every member here deals with Mark. So you are not alone in that.

Congrats those are really nice. And mostly because it reminds you of the SF and the outstanding membership you belong to.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You have a lot of friends here.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It's truly appreciated. I wish I could do more for you guys and gals.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

+1

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I love my coin. i am glad you have them now. Karma is good to you. And we all think you matter.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I continue to talk SigForum up to my friends ok friend...we have a well rounded group, with a flake sprinkled here and there....I am proud to be the flake on this forum! :-P

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It's truly appreciated. I wish I could do more for you guys and gals.

You do plenty here, don't feel that you don't or don't matter. Many people get knowledge or enjoyment from your posts.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
You're the reason I'm here
That's right folks, it's all Mark's fault Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
You're the reason I'm here
That's right folks, it's all Mark's fault Big Grin
HAHAH!!! The Bird brothers are more brothers to me than my natural born brothers. Big Grin That's not even anything to feel bad about either.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I have considered you a friend since we met on the forum years ago and little Mark was a toddler.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
I have considered you a friend since we met on the forum years ago and little Mark was a toddler.
Yeah, that boy just went and grew right up. He's working full time and making lots of loot. Smile

Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
This is the BEST forum, a community of a lot of really descent folks. The first place I go for news is Drudge, then here for further enlightenment.

Mark123, best to you and yours Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
That is outstanding!

We do have some great members.

We certainly do have a great community here. Proven, time and again!

Like the pallet loads of "care packages" sent to a Special Forces team while they were in afcrapistan. And even some packages to that same team while they are in Somalia.

Their commo is limited so they cannot say much, but they do appreciate all the support and prayers.

This has to be the premier community on the whole internet.

Thanks to Para and the mods.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post