SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Breaks your heart. Here in UK...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaks your heart. Here in UK... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
I'm on the Chester Memories FB page, and this appeared this evening...

Sarah Mason
2 hrs
Please please help xxxxxxxxx
One of my best friends works For the NHS and is frontline
With this awful virus out there she is asking for the following

if anyone is able to knit or crochet some little red hearts. The patients that die in ICU are not allowed their family with them and so they want to put a little heart with the body and send a duplicate heart out with a card to the families. If you know anyone that can do this. Please ask and then I can pick them up or they can be delivered to me.

This has touched me right down to the bones like nothing else has so far.

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really sucks that because of this people die without their loved ones being able to be by their side. When the truth comes out about how /where this began for sure the ramifications should be 10 fold to the pain and suffering caused.

Posts: 367 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
That really breaks the heart.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Wow,that stings deep inside. Frown

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fook. Liege sucks, death sucks worse.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I wish I crocheted right now, Tac.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Damn right!

quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
It really sucks that because of this people die without their loved ones being able to be by their side. When the truth comes out about how /where this began for sure the ramifications should be 10 fold to the pain and suffering caused.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I now have an address, if anybody would like to help out -

MS S PRICE
25 PENTROSFA ROAD
LLANDRINDOD WELLS
LD1 5NL
WALES

No payments are involved in any of this, but any help you offer will be very gratefully received.

We have now crossed 5000 dead here.
Thank you.

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
When troubles arrive they may either divide or unite us. I'll pass this along to my wife and kids they are a crafty sort who could have a go.

I'll pray we remain united in hope rather than grief.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
When troubles arrive they may either divide or unite us. I'll pass this along to my wife and kids they are a crafty sort who could have a go.

I'll pray we remain united in hope rather than grief.

Thank you all!!

Here is the latest from Alison in Rhayeder, who started all this - Hi the hearts should be on the small side about the size of a coaster, one stays with the deceased and another gets sent to the family.Thank you for your help kind regards Alison

So, beer-mat sized - about 3.5" I guess. Or thereabouts.

Thank you all for reading this post - it means a lot, right?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
it means a lot, right?

It does.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post