SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prince Harry: Eco-Anxiety Leaves Me Struggling to Get Out of Bed- Now he’s attacking the First Amendment - Pg 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prince Harry: Eco-Anxiety Leaves Me Struggling to Get Out of Bed- Now he’s attacking the First Amendment - Pg 3 Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Oh man, I just feel so bad for Harry. Such a struggle and such a hard life he leads. Poor baby. Roll Eyes

Just another virtue signalling celebrity nimrod.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...ut-of-bed?ref=scroll

Prince Harry: Eco-Anxiety Leaves Me Struggling to Get Out of Bed

He might look like he’s got it made: a vast personal fortune, a beautiful wife, celebrity friends (and easy access to their fleet of private jets), most of his own hair, and free food.

But don’t let these outward trappings of privilege and good fortune fool you into thinking that the private life of Prince Harry conforms with his happy-go-lucky exterior.

Indeed, Prince Harry says he is so crushed by the state of the planet that he sometimes struggles to get out of bed in the morning.

Harry’s reluctance to rise from the royal scratcher would once have been attributed to his party-loving lifestyle, but these days, with late-night japes in Kensington nightclubs a mere memory, it’s more existential fears that haunt the prince.

He made the surprising revelation in a conversation with 18-year-old South African student Peter Oki, who was a guest at one of the many engagements Harry and Meghan are attending during their tour of Africa.

After speaking to Harry, Oki told a reporter for the Daily Telegraph: “Harry said that he often woke up and felt overwhelmed by too many problems in the world and that sometimes it’s hard to get out of bed in the mornings because of all the issues, but he wanted to use their platform to enable grass-roots change and to try and create a better society.”

The comments came after Meghan left correspondents scratching their heads when she referred, in an on-camera interview, to a global “consciousness crisis” over mental health.

Harry’s comments drew immediate comparison to the doom-mongering of his father, Prince Charles, who said in July that there were just 18 months left to save the world (so, 16 now).

Harry may well have inherited his eco-depression from his father. Ahead of last week’s global “climate strike,” during which children were encouraged to skip school to protest the response to climate change, researchers warned that children are increasingly suffering anxiety and grief about climate change, and urged parents to discuss the issue with their kids in an age-appropriate way. (So, not “The world will end in 18 months, kids.”)

A spokesperson for the Climate Psychology Alliance (CPA), a group of psychologists and researchers said, “There is no doubt that they are being emotionally impacted... That real fear from children needs to be taken seriously by adults.”

Swedish teenage activist Greta Thunberg, the teenage icon of climate-change protest whose disgusted scowl at Donald Trump at the UN went viral this week, told world leaders who had failed to act on climate change that they had “stolen her childhood” and broke down in tears during an emotional address. She said, “People are suffering, people are dying, entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
It used to be that English kings and princes rode across the countryside instilling fear into those they encountered. Now they cower under the sheets crying like Swedish adolescent girls. At least at one point in the past they were man enough to settle This continent.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Another 'stolen childhood.' Poor widdle spoiled celebrity.

Boo-frickin-hoo.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jesus, what happened to him? I'm telling you, that broad is ruining him. What a shame.

Bring back that dude who used to get naked with a bunch of chicks in Vegas. Bring back that guy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of pussies.

Climate Psychology Association? For fuck's sake.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Poor inbred twit...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Shit. You gotta be rich in the first place to think like that." - King, Platoon 1986

Shove it up your royal asshole, Your Majesty

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Now, just where did I leave my pajamas. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently, being a snowflake can be a real bitch. We should all feel real bad for poor little Harry.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a recent edict telling us to flag quotes from a satire site like The Onion?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
This is based on the second hand account of a conversation from someone with an agenda speaking to the media....sound familiar? I don't know if the good Prince is a total wuss or not, but I am going to wait until there is an actual credible report of his delicate nature before piling on.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good grief

Harden the frack up, pyjama boy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
He struggles with climate change as he flies around in his fleet of private jets. Mmmmmkay, good luck reconciling your life, Harry.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
He should ask himself how his ancestors slept during the Nazi air raids.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Jesus, what happened to him? I'm telling you, that broad is ruining him. What a shame.

Bring back that dude who used to get naked with a bunch of chicks in Vegas. Bring back that guy.

Women will do that to you. Big Grin
I agree and I'm sure deep down, he wishes he could be That guy again.
That said, I feel no sympathy for him. Life goes on your majesty.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
He sounds like a candidate for a EU leadership position. This disease of climate hysteria just makes one wonder what the heck these twits are smokin'. We have a winter storm warning here in MT...and I can't find my binky Confused

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Time to fly Harry...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Hahaha Medic, that is awesome!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Sick and tired of Harry and Meghan.

“Prince Harry was pictured holding a self help guide on the second day of his tour of South Africa with Meghan Markle and baby Archie this week.

The book, Everyday Ubuntu, was written by Mungi Ngomane, granddaughter of Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and refers to the term 'Ubuntu' - an expression described locally as 'a way of living'.

On Monday, the term was referred to in Meghan's speech about gender-based violence during their visit to Cape Town's 'murder capital' township.

'I am here with you and I am here for you and I thank you so much for showing my husband and I the spirit of Ubuntu, and I look forward to our time over the next few days together', she said.

And now it has been revealed that the book, given to Harry during his stay, explains how you can incorporate 'Ubuntu' - a way of peaceful living and treating others as equals - into your everyday life…”

https://mol.im/a/7508267

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The book, Everyday Ubuntu,

Strange time to be learning Linux. Harry trying to learn to code?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post