SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for those that have deployed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for those that have deployed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Up here in Alaska we just use rubbermaid totes and coolers zip tied and duct taped shut for everything.

In fact I'm packing up as I type this to go back home after 35 days in a hotel getting over a surgery, Im just packing everything into a tote, lots of ammo and booze I need to take back.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your suggestions. It'll go USPS for the first leg or two, then mil transport to get in-country.

And a public shout out to ROTNDAD (& TSM11) for his/their thoughtfulness.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shipped home from Iraq and Afghanistan, using both wheeled and non-wheeled footlocker boxes out of the PX...in several cases the boxes ended up broken or cracked, but they held up and didn't lose anything. Tape them. The wheeled ones broke at the wheel area.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post