SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glock blue label open for honorable discharge Vets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock blue label open for honorable discharge Vets Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
FYI if you have a Dd214 with honorable discharge you can pick up a Glock at basically wholesale pricing. Since it’s the blue label program there are actually some in stock.

Blue label at GT Dist

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless I read the GT distributor website wrong, just being a veteran isn’t enough. Have to be active duty or retired for the Blue Label program - unfortunately.

“ To purchase Glock 17 Gen 5 9mm FS MOS AMERIGLO Bold SIGHT BLUE LABEL PROGRAM (GLOCK-PA175S302MOSAB) you must meet both a territory and role restrictions from the lists below:
• You must live in one of the following states: AL, FL, GA, KS, MO, NE, NM, OK, TN, TX
AND
• You must meet at least one of these role restrictions:
· Active and retired LEO
· Active and retired military personnel
· Active EMT, Firefighter, Licensed Paramedic
· Corrections Officer or Probation Officer
· State licensed armed security officer
· Court Judge, District Attorney or Deputy District Attorney
· LE Academy Cadet”

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
The last option I see is:

“Military (Active, Retired, and DD 214 honorable)”

Until 11/11/20 it’s open to all vets.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
It's real. They are now offering it to all Vets for a limited time each year.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
The last option I see is:

“Military (Active, Retired, and DD 214 honorable)”

Until 11/11/20 it’s open to all vets.

Yes it’s open to all honorably discharged veterans. They did the same thing last year from Memorial Day to Veterans Day.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's cool but the only Glock worth having is a Gen3 or 3.5 RTF2 with da gills

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s real. They did it last year too. I’ve gotten 2 guns like that. They usually run it between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. After that you gotta be active duty or retired.

Good luck getting a blue label right now.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Below are their restrictions after you add it to your cart:

To purchase Glock 26 USA 9mm FS Gen 5 LE 3 Mags Fixed Sights (GLOCK-UA265S202) you must meet both a territory and role restrictions from the lists below:
• You must live in one of the following states: AL, FL, GA, KS, MO, NE, NM, OK, TN, TX
AND
• You must meet at least one of these role restrictions:
· Active and retired LEO
· Active and retired military personnel
· Active EMT, Firefighter, Licensed Paramedic
· Corrections Officer or Probation Officer
· State licensed armed security officer
· Court Judge, District Attorney or Deputy District Attorney
· LE Academy Cadet

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Last year I couldn't find a blue-label authorized purchase center.

Called around a bit, the one that was listed 180 miles away wasn't going to participate. I gave up. I've got plenty of P80's anyway. All I typically use glocks for is as cheap part suppliers for P80's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
That program is what was used to get me a Gen5 G19 MOS last year.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Feeling even better about having 3 Glocks in my battery. Having evil thoughts about adding a 4th... where in the hell did I put my dd214?

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Feeling even better about having 3 Glocks in my battery. Having evil thoughts about adding a 4th... where in the hell did I put my dd214?

I'm right there with you... This seems to be my year for new guns. Haven't bought any in probably 6-8 years, and this year I'm stocking up. Now if only I can find ammo before I run out of my stash.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
How much do they generally run with this program? Would be neat if sig did something like this... except I already have all the sigs I want Razz

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Ordered 5th gen 19 yesterday to keep my 2nd gen company.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
How much do they generally run with this program? Would be neat if sig did something like this... except I already have all the sigs I want Razz

Different models have a different price but I think my gen 5 g19 was 430 ish and meh g20 was I believe 480. Can’t remember exactly but it’s def. a bit cheaper

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This isn't "basically wholesale", it's cheaper than wholesale. Blue label prices have been the same for at least the last 17 years.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
This isn't "basically wholesale", it's cheaper than wholesale. Blue label prices have been the same for at least the last 17 years.

I only looked up a few but two were within $10 of wholesale, the G26 is $50 less than wholesale. I posted this from work yesterday so I didn’t have the time to run through every one and compare exactly to wholesale pricing, geeze, give me a break. The point is that they are about half of what they are selling for on gunbroker and some are actually in stock and I though I would pass it on.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I need another gun like I need another hole in my head, but I've always wondered about a Glock in .45acp.

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Best call before you go- as limblessbiff said, most Glock Blue Label/Veteran Salute dealers are out or restricting sales due to low inventory. Markl Supply Company (Pittsburgh local LEO/Glock) stopped selling both pistols and mags thru this program about a month and a half ago. NC Lawman told my brother in the Tar Heel State about three weeks ago they only had a few Glock models left in stock.
Heavy demand.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Don’t need another either. I ordered a Glock 42 two weeks ago from a ‘blue label’ dealer. The price was $385 after taxes & background check, WI.

Of course there is nothing in stock, said it could be 1 week, or 9 months. They didn’t ask for any $$ down, just a DD-214 copy.

Should be open until Veteran’s Day. Use the Glock site to find the ‘blue label’ dealer. I went in person after calling.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post