SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    F-105 Thud Pilot video I stumbled on on Youtube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F-105 Thud Pilot video I stumbled on on Youtube Login/Join 
posted

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
A very interesting watch and a man I would be proud to know. Thanks for posting this.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Watching what Jane Fonda did will sicken you, but starting a little after 43:00 your blood will boil.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting,Jane really pisses me off.
I had never heard that we gave flight plans to the swiss and they pas on to hanoi.That is worse than what comrade jane did.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, both of my room mates were 105 Crew Chiefs.When my duties ( F-104 Crew Chief) permitted I would
assist my room mates on the F-105. That was a big ass airplane. We lost two in one month which resulted in the grounding
of all 105s, that's about the time period they became known as Thud's 1964ish. It was the only Fighter I could walk
under the wing standing straight up. Did I say, its a big ass airplane.

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Peninsula Senior Videos are a treasure trove. Cindy Macha who runs the museum does a great job. Still going through but the F105, SR71,Tomcat, p-51 stories from the pilots and crews are awesome.

Those guys got the first missiles, but at a high cost - and this was 1965. He sure did love the Thud. Enjoyed the Pussy Galore retelling, he enjoyed it Smile

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent lecture. I really appreciate you posting this. Thanks.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I was not a flyer but was on the ground watching those guys strap those jets on and take off and land, day in and day out. The flight lines were frenetic with the smell of JP-4, munitions loaders, maintenance crews, refuelers, firefighters, and crew buses scurrying about. Often the number that landed was different than the number that took off. I thought then, and still do, that those aircrews were true warriors and patriots with great big clanging balls.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Quote from the video attributed to Secretary of State Dean Rusk:

"THE FORMER SECRETARY RESPONDED...

Yes, we didn't want to harm the North Vietnamese people, so we passed the targets to the Swiss embassy in Washington with instructions to pass them to the North Vietnamese government..." End quote.

If this is true then the Secretary admitted to treason on TV. I call that "aiding and abetting the enemy."

How in the world weren't President Johnson, Secretary Rusk and Secretary McNamara arrested for treason? In my mind they were responsible for all the deaths, injuries and destroyed lives caused by that conflict.

All three should have been hung, shot and electrocuted until dead, dead and dead.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing this video. I truly enjoyed it. Thankful for folks like him. As for the secretary comment above, I find it disgusting but it sounds eerily familiar to some recent administrations.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
In the linked video the guy referenced an amazon prime video....it was great show about the pilots and crews and what they did in Vietnam.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Those Bastards in Washington kill our men, by giving target information. I am sure that was the tip of the iceberg. I knew they tied our hands on ROE, but this is just Treasonous.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for posting that. My deceased uncle (my hero FYI) started flying F-100s and then moved on to the F-105 in Vietnam. We prayed for him every night. He never forgave Jane Fonda, Lyndon Johnson, or Robert McNamera. I pray that the latter two are enjoying the dry heat and I hope Jane does very soon.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post