SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The wisest person I ever met...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The wisest person I ever met... Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted
I came across this video on a fishing forum that I'm on. This is a great speech and should be shared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=606&v=Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can't figure out how to embed the video into the post.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Who is this guy?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Rick Rigsby

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that fantastic video!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Fabulous speaker with some great messages.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Who is this guy?

quote:
Rick Rigsby * Education: Ph.D., University of Oregon, Communications * Selected as a 2005 National Promise Keepers speaker * Personal testimony of tragedy and triumph was featured as part of Rev. Billy Graham's national television broadcast * Academics: University professor for twenty years, Chaplain for Texas A&M University Aggie Football Team, Authored numerous academic articles. Awards and Honors: Two-time winner of Texas A&M's prestigious Distinguished Teaching Award, Distinguished Alumni of the Year, California State University Chico, 2000. Joint academic appointments from the George Bush School of Government and Public Service and the Center for Executive Development in the Lowry Mays College of Business

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
That man is one of the finest speakers I have ever heard.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This has been floating around Facebook as well. It’s very good. He reminds of that one college professor that everyone loves and hangs on to every word.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The results of a positive male role model in the home.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing that.
I needed it today!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was excellent! Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
The results of a positive male role model in the home.

Yep, its not necessary but more often than not you can tell who had that and who did not.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Such a great and powerful speech.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Excellent. My wife walked by as the video started. We both loved it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Dang, No longer available due to copyright issues.

Wait, that may be because I'm in Hong Kong. Nevermind.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
The best, and lessons I learned and teach - but also get lazy and forget. Thank you for the reminder.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Dang, No longer available due to copyright issues.

Wait, that may be because I'm in Hong Kong. Nevermind.

I'm not in Hong Kong and I can't see it either.
But I did a new search for it.
Is this it?
https://youtu.be/fM72fOnUatg

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was awesome

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Wow...........just Wow

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post