SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Peloton users?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Peloton users? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Wife wants a Peloton bike, but figured like all things, it'd be worth inquiring here for opinions.

Likes/dislikes?
Classes good?
Did it turn into a laundry rack after x months?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love ours.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ride mine ~5 times a week. It's great.

Gyms around here require that you work out with a mask on.

No thanks.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has had one for more than a year and she loves it. She rides several times each week. She has her favorite instructors and signs up for the live sessions whenever possible.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Are cycling shoes required, or can it be done with traditional pedals?

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Mine came with Look compatible pedals.

I recommending clipping in for a superior experience on the bike.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Here's my thread from a while ago. Still use the bike a few times a week. Love it!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2900005664

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I’m cheap. I bought a used Studio bike and rebuilt it then have the Peloton app for $12 a month.
Wife loves it. Enjoys the classes some instructors are better than others.

I don’t see paying the extra money for the Peloton bike and the extra monthly cost for the app when using the Peloton bike itself.

The added metrics are nice but not needed.

Already had a big screen TV and sound system in the home gym and the app runs on the Amazon smart TV.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
We went with the NordicTrack equivalent (S22i) and my wife absolutely loves it.

Bought it from Best Buy - in stock and free shipping.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

They come with clip-in pedals, and you really want to clip in anyway. Bikes shoes and a set of compatible clips are fairly inexpensive. Especially compared to the cost of the Peleton... (And Peleton frequently runs a deal where you get free shoes and clips with purchase of a bike anyway.)

It allows your legs to pull on the up stroke as well as push on the down stroke, so it's a better overall workout and you can go for longer than with traditional pedals.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Mine delivers in December! I’m excited. Wonder if there is a way we could do a SigForum ride.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I bought my bike during the first production run after the kickstarter campaign, and it's been flawless ever since. I've never needed any kind of service or repair. It comes with the LOOK/Delta clip-in pedals, but you can switch them out to whatever you want easily, including pedals with cages for use with regular gym shoes. I do recommend the Look/Delta clip though for indoor cycling. It allows a very efficient transfer of energy from body to pedals. I also recommend going to a cycle shop and getting fit for shoes and having them correctly install the clips.

There is a wide variety of instructors with an equally wide variety of styles, music and class types. I'd say there is really something for everyone. I don't do much of the off-bike classes (yoga, stretch, strength, etc), but what I have done is very well done. With the pandemic making gym visits annoying, I have started to do more of the strength workouts at home. No where near the same as a gym workout with all the equipment at your disposal, but it's enough to keep me in shape.

In short: highly recommended

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
If you have a Chase Sapphire card, you may have a targeted offer for between $60 and $120 in rebates for membership fees until 12/31/21.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had one for almost three years now, love it. It's super convenient to get a quick ride in and my knees don't kill me after a longer ride.

TS

Posts: 858 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Have had one for three years. Love it. Recommend clipping in on the pedals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
Of the various gym memberships and fitness equipment I’ve bought over the years I feel like I’ve gotten the best value out of Peloton; simply because I keep using it and legitimately want to use it.

We have one of the first production run bikes (just after Kickstarter), wife has over 600 rides on it and I’m probably around 300. Only thing we’ve had to do are change out the front wheel bearings twice, which may just be a personal preference thing. With new bearings the bike is silent, after about 500 rides it is not, but swapping the bearings is like a 10 min job. We also have the tread which I primarily use. Every other treadmill I’ve ever run on gives me a weird feeling of vertigo (or something) for an extended period of time after using it, the tread for some reason doesn’t. I’ve ran for 2 hours on it with no weird “the room is still moving” feeling afterwards.

My wife really enjoys the classes and several instructors, I like the course work in the classes they set up (makes it fun) but lately seem to be more over the top on the motivational crap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2695 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We took delivery of our bike+ a few weeks ago. I have about 4 rides in, my wife has way more.

We took the plunge on it for a few reasons, we have an infant in the house, winter has just arrived and there is no end in sight for some of the BS covid restrictions our governor has put in place so this will at least keep us active from the comfort of home.

Overall feel like the quality of the bike is there and while I am still getting used to everything, the classes also keep things interesting.

I'd be interested in a sigforum group if others are interested.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
After extensive research my wife decided the soul cycle bike by Variis was a better fit for her because of the classes they offer.
Didn’t order it yet but will be soon.

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
My stepdaughter debated getting one for months due to the high initial cost. She finally broke down and made the purchase and she has been using it daily and loves it. I was impressed with the quality of the machine itself. Very nice welds, heavy duty frame made of thick steel, very good finish. Only weak link is the cupholder but if it cracks they'll send you a new one free. She enjoys the interactive aspect of the rides and has her favorite instructors. She spend a lot of money on it but I'm glad she did as she really enjoys it.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Well. Christmas came early & it's here.
We'll see how we like it. Need to get her some shoes.