SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attention Eagle Scouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attention Eagle Scouts Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
Buck is offering a beautiful special edition Eagle Scout knife. You can have your name engraved or other items that will fit. The knife is marked Eagle Scout also. They are $50 and I got mine today. I had my name and my dad's name engraved as he was the scout master.

https://www.buckknives.com/licensed/

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting.

I carried a Buck Knife the entire time I as in the Boy Scouts and for years afterwards.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Would make a good gift for an Eagle Scout...

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The Buck family were very prominent in El Cajon, a suburb of San Diego, for decades. I drove past their factory all the time going to Gillespie Field where my airplane was tied down then, and shopped in their store more than a few times. I have a couple of their very fine knives.

They finally realized what was going on in Whackyland, and pulled out, years ago now. Many of the employees went with them, thrown in the briar patch!

When you have solid citizens like them, operating a solid business like they were, pulling up and moving, something is out of whack, and that was just the tip of the whacky iceberg it turns out.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I will order one as soon as I figure out if it was '65 or '66 when I became an Eagle Scout.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I want to order three of them for my boys if I can swing it.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this. I earned Eagle 40 years ago this November so I may get one of these.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Eagle Scout here in 92 my bro in 88. I may pick one up for him for his birthday. Big fan of Buck and have at least a half dozen of their knives in various configurations.

My sons Cubscouts Pack just bridged 2 webelos dens to scouts last month. One of the webelos den leaders bought each boy the standard scout knife with metal scales and then one of the dads had an engraving setup in his garage and they customized an Arrow of Light and our Pack number on each knife with each boys name. Very cool keepsake for those 11 year old boys that if treated well will last them forever

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I got my eagle scout in the 70's. I think that makes me too old to safely use a knife. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice. Just ordered one for each of my nephews.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I am SM and I have forwarded this to my Life Scouts who are close/
My oldest on is an Eagle and the other two are almost done.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RobertFBurnett
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, I've been kicking around getting a new knife.

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
tempting

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I washed out early. Do they have a Webelos version?

Is there an online makeup class?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post