SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maytag MDB8959SFZ dishwasher?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maytag MDB8959SFZ dishwasher? Login/Join 
posted
This seems to be the replacement for Appliance Brads suggested model that was discontinued

Ready lots of reviews it seems there is an issue with a leaking door, and door closure latch being sketchy

Has Maytag fixed these issues or do the continue?

They are on sale currently and my current dishwasher is desinigrating itself currently and needs to be replaced

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Brad had recommended MDB8969SDH.

My local retailer did not have that, but offered MDB8969SDH.

I asked Brad about it; he said that it was basically the same, different door handle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30666 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I asked Brad about it; he said that it was basically the same, different door handle.

You’ve listed the same model number for each

There is an 8959 and 8979 models now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have one. Works well.

I've been meaning to ask if the top shelf slides should end equally. One side of mine seems shorter than the other.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

OOPS! I'll go stand in the corner and look ashamed.

The one that Brad originally recommended is MDB8969SDH .

The replacement with the different handle is MDB8959SFH. I was quoted $629.00 (pre-tax) for this, by the local retailer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30666 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

OOPS! I'll go stand in the corner and look ashamed.

The replacement with the different handle is MDB8959SFH. I was quoted $629.00 (pre-tax) for this, by the local retailer.

No need to be ashamed Sir

8959 is on sale currently for $550

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

We bought the MDB8969SDM, also based on Brad's recommendation. The only difference, I believe, is the SDM has electronic control panel, which the wife insisted on. We are on septic, and always "heard" one should only use liquid detergent for a dishwasher on septic. Wife complained it wasn't cleaning well, and I suggested she switch over to powdered detergent. Voila, happy wife. If necessary, I will just have the septic pumped more often, but I don't see it harming anything yet. Just the two of us.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
One has a cup style handle, the other a towel bar. Other than that, same model.

Just installed one yesterday. Great machines and the last ones with food disposers.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post