SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2020 Stanley Cup Playoff's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Stanley Cup Playoff's Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
So now that it's down to 4 teams, who's do we all think is going to the finals?

East
New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning

West
Vegas Golden Knights vs Dallas Stars

I'm going with the Lightning vs the Golden Knights in the final.

PS. On a side note I can't begin to describe how happy I am that the Flyers completely blew Game 7 against the Islanders in typical Flyers fashion. I mean nothing like going down 3-1 in the series, winning back to back in overtime to force game 7, then come out, fall flat on your face and get shutout. LOVED IT.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Vegas & TB in the final. Another year without a Canadian team in the finals. Oh Canada...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Although would prefer NY Islanders it will be Lightening over Knights.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
No one has paid much attention to the Isles and they be do things in a non-flashy way. Trotz is getting the team to punch up and I think they'll take TBL

NYI over LVK.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
The day the first player knelt, I stopped following. I hope the NHL goes bankrupt.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Screw them and their pushing games off because of Kenosha.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
The day the first player knelt, I stopped following. I hope the NHL goes bankrupt.

Same here. I love to watch most sports, except basketball, and I have now stopped watching everything but college football and MMA.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, fuck 'em all.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I'd bet on Tampa this year. Glad the Flyers lost.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My team decided to get the injury bug at exactly the wrong time, and put up the worst goaltending numbers in the post season. When Johnson and Calvert went down their PK just fell apart. Our D corp is insanely young and about to get younger. Down to their third string goalie and still pushed veteran team to a game 7. When the Avs get some experience to their ridiculously talented D corp in the next 3 to 4 years look out because we have a top line that's fantastic. The west I don't know. If the Stars continue on their charmed post season play they just might. I think TB will raise the Cup this year.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
No one has paid much attention to the Isles and they be do things in a non-flashy way. Trotz is getting the team to punch up and I think they'll take TBL

NYI over LVK.

Trotz is a great coach and I was really unhappy when he left the Caps. I think NYI could go all the way.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I was going to comment that the Dallas Stars were going to go to the finals, but I didn't because I didn't want to weather the scorn that would have surely reigned down on me. Guess I should have! Razz

GO STARS!

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 651 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too.
Vegas lost a lot of fans the day they kneeled and vocally supported Jacob Blake.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
quote:

Me too.
Vegas lost a lot of fans the day they kneeled and vocally supported Jacob Blake.

Yet you two are following this thread close enough to comment? Roll Eyes

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The Stars are filling up the cardiac wards at the local hospitals coming from behind nearly every game and winning these one-goal nail biters.

It would be REALLY nice to see them bring Stanley back to Dallas.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
They are quite resilient, that’s for sure!

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 651 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Stars done did well! Let’s see how far the islanders take Tampa Wink
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
The Stars are filling up the cardiac wards at the local hospitals coming from behind nearly every game and winning these one-goal nail biters.

It would be REALLY nice to see them bring Stanley back to Dallas.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

I love hockey, just saying they lost me in the playoffs. Doesn't mean I can't speak my mind and see what others are saying. Also I'm in Vegas- hard not to see the Knights billboards everywhere.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
quote:

Me too.

As a Canadian, I have the God-given right to open my pie hole anytime I hear the word “hockey”. We Canadians are also legally allowed to punch anyone who uses the term “ice hockey”. It’s the law.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I am just a hockey fan when the playoffs start. I typically root for the Bruins and when they get knocked out I just randomly pick a new team depending on who I enjoy watching.

This year its been the Islanders. I'm enjoying myself and tonight will be high Drama.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post