SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Contractors/Builders/DIYers - Sunroom Kits?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contractors/Builders/DIYers - Sunroom Kits? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
We're going to upgrade what used to be an attached garage and has been a defacto mud room for years. In addition to interior finish, we're thinking about adding a sunroom off the front where the garage door used to be.

I have a contractor putting together an estimate, he suggested I price kits to see how it matches up with a stick-built sunroom.

Looking for recommendations on manufacturers/sources of kits and general comments on quality, dos and don'ts.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Around here a lot of the home improvement, vinyl siding and window replacement outfits do these. It might be worth getting an estimate from someone who kind of specializes in them, but be prepared for the hard pressure sell.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Around here a lot of the home improvement, vinyl siding and window replacement outfits do these. It might be worth getting an estimate from someone who kind of specializes in them, but be prepared for the hard pressure sell.

That's a thought. I'll keep that option open.

As to "hard sell"...I've been known to tell salesmen to gather up their shit and get the fuck out when they get too pushy. The look on their face is usually priceless.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post