SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ryobi 18v One+ fans - Ryobi days are here at Home Depot...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ryobi 18v One+ fans - Ryobi days are here at Home Depot... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Buy 2 batteries with new compact charger and carry bag, get FREE tool of your choice.

I just picked up two sets. One with a router and one with their new power inverter. Woo hoo!

https://www.ryobitools.com/off...6fcc2e27aa-291243169

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Tempting...

One of my projects this year, once the rainy seasons passes, is replacing all the worn planks on our deck. I was planning to borrow a circular saw, and use my current cordless drill.

But for $168, I could get two batteries and a charger ($99), a circular saw ($69), and an impact driver (free).

The downside is that this would be the third battery system I'd be into, for various tools. Big Grin

I already have one set of batteries for a hedge trimmer, and another set for a drill and sawzall.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... they took the display down last week at my local HD. I guess they don't do them all at once.

I have Dewat and Milwaukee tools, but I keep buying more and more Ryobi stuff.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm a big Ryobi fan and have a bunch of their tools and a bunch of their batteries. The only thing that might interest me is the new rotary tool. I'll give it some thought.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Man they have really expanded the line. Underwater vacuum? Crazy

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Tempting...

One of my projects this year, once the rainy seasons passes, is replacing all the worn planks on our deck. I was planning to borrow a circular saw, and use my current cordless drill.

But for $168, I could get two batteries and a charger ($99), a circular saw ($69), and an impact driver (free).

The downside is that this would be the third battery system I'd be into, for various tools. Big Grin

I already have one set of batteries for a hedge trimmer, and another set for a drill and sawzall.

That would be silly to do it that way.
Spend $30 more and buy 2 battery sets. Get the circular saw and impact driver for free. You’ll want 4 batteries anyway. Spend $30 more and get 2 extra 3ah batteries.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from buying the battery packs. Got the blower free. I've had good luck with the drill, impact, sawzall, inflator and sander. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Last year I did the deal and got the LED flood light free. Also bought a fan at the time.

HD also sells a fan with a pump/mister that you set on a bucket of water. Under a different name, but it's Ryobi. Normally $70-80. When summer ended they went to the clearance end cap. I checked them every time I went. One day this winter they were up front for $20 each. I bought two... should have bought all they had as they come with a battery. So now I have three fans. Big Grin Three fans, a flood light, spot light, flashlight and drill.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Last year I did the deal and got the LED flood light free. Also bought a fan at the time.

HD also sells a fan with a pump/mister that you set on a bucket of water. Under a different name, but it's Ryobi. Normally $70-80. When summer ended they went to the clearance end cap. I checked them every time I went. One day this winter they were up front for $20 each. I bought two... should have bought all they had as they come with a battery. So now I have three fans. Big Grin Three fans, a flood light, spot light, flashlight and drill.

Is it this one?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ar...it-MPK1180/205736053

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of the Ryobi system, it is the only battery system of tools I have, along with some of their 40v stuff.

Last year, I noticed on the receipt that the individual items had a pro-rated “Max return value”. Receipt showed charge of $99 for the battery/charger, $39-$79 for the tool, and the discount for the tool cost. Under each item it showed the pro-rated “Max Refund Value”.

Battery entry on receipt would say Max return of $55-$60 or so, and the tool entry would say Max return of $40-$45 or so, with the two combined being the $99 price.

Soooo, being the cheap and conniving person I am, and not needing 12 new batteries, I bought about 6 sets of of the batteries along with a “free” tool to increase my collection of tools. Then I returned just the batteries (4 sets worth) for the “partial” refund, effectively getting four tools for about a 40-45% discount (depending on tool price).

Receipt is split out the same way this year - for the inverter, (which by itself is $79.97) the battery return value is $54.76, inverter value $44.24. Buy the pair, return the batteries and you get the inverter for $44.24 or 45% off the $79.97 price...

Probably won’t play that trick again this year as I have most the tools included in the offer already, but I am thinking if the inverter works out as I hope, I may do it for a second inverter. $80 is a bit steep but if it will power my CPAP, it would be worth the $44 for a second one for that purpose.

Another option I am looking at is to buy the batteries with the “free” $79 sawzall, then return the sawzall for $44 credit and “upgrade” it to the Brushless sawzall currently on sale for $99 ($30 off regular $129 price), paying the $55 difference.

I currently have the “cheap” $49 Ryobi sawzall, it is about 6-7 years old and while still working ok on light duty stuff, it has a hard time retaining the blade when I work it too hard. Sell it, a charger and an old battery or two for $20 or so at my next yard sale and make it an even better deal.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I was hoping their battery air compressor was part of the deal but no such luck at my HD.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I was hoping their battery air compressor was part of the deal but no such luck at my HD.

It is. Did you try ordering online??
https://www.ryobitools.com/off...7f66d02a0f-295976561

————————————————

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I'm a pretty darn handy guy, I can't for the life of me figure out what you'd use that for? Treasure hunting?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I'm a pretty darn handy guy, I can't for the life of me figure out what you'd use that for? Treasure hunting?

Pool maintenance ? Or perhaps with "attachments" it might be used to induce hysterical paroxysm
within a whirlpool environment.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

No. I'll check. Thx

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The 1 gallon actual air compressor is not included in the deal:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RY...-Only-P739/305269932

The closest "compressor-type" tool included in the deal is the inflator/deflator, which is only for filling up tires or balls, and isn't an actual compressor for running tools:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RY...-Only-P731/203060297

Not every tool listed in that online Ryobi brochure is included in the "free tool" deal. It's only a select list, as shown on this list: https://cc831cbd7a5a3a616f82-5...ol-qualifiers-v2.pdf

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
I bought their hedge trimmers last year and a couple of extra batteries. I've been impressed.

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
quote:

The 1 gallon actual air compressor is not included in the deal:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RY...-Only-P739/305269932

The closest "compressor-type" tool included in the deal is the inflator/deflator, which is only for filling up tires or balls, and isn't an actual compressor for running tools:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RY...-Only-P731/203060297

Not every tool listed in that online Ryobi brochure is included in the "free tool" deal. It's only a select list, as shown on this list: https://cc831cbd7a5a3a616f82-5...ol-qualifiers-v2.pdf

I was thinking the inflator. Did not realize they had an actual compressor.

Sure wish they had some sort deal on the 40v stuff.
I am wanting the mower, trimmer, and chainsaw.

————————————————

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Picked up two battery sets, with free 6.5" circular saw and impact driver.

But it was kind of a PITA.

The circular saw wouldn't ring up as discounted. Took FIVE employees over 20 minutes to correct it. First two cashiers tried, and failed. They then called in someone from the Hardware department. That guy repeatedly insisted that I was wrong, and the circular saw was not included in the deal. Claimed that no saws were part of the deal. I had to walk him over to the giant Ryobi display mid-store and show him the saws, and the label for the saws that said they were part of the deal. Much backpedaling ensued. Then fourth employee still couldn't figure out how to ring it up correctly. Ended up sending me over to the service desk, where that employee knew the trick and got it working right away.

So unless you need it right away, you might be better off just ordering what you want online. Wink

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Last year, I was unable to find the batteries in my local HD. So this year, I am not even trying I just ordered online. New set of batteries and a 'backup' charger are in bound and I picked up the planer.

thanks for the reminder post, be blessed.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post