SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomorrow at this time I’ll be under the knife - new left hip
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow at this time I’ll be under the knife - new left hip Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As yoopersigs said.
I have a friend (60 ish) who had hip replaced. After 3 weeks he said he felt great, and shouldn't have waited in pain for 3 years.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pray that you have as great an outcome as I did with both of mine. Both times the pain was less the next day than it was before surgery.

I cannot stress enough how much your diligence in rehab counts, I exceeded what was expected of me, and it certainly paid off. Fun? NO, but I was back to light duty as a plumber in 2 weeks with the first, and 3 weeks with the second (a bit of swelling issues)

Remember this, they will give you your life back with effort!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck and wishing for a fast recovery!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Soon you'll be good as new!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Better, Stronger, Faster,...

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's joint replacement technology is amazing.

My 62 year old neighbor had both hips replaced over a 9 month period.

4 months after his 2nd hip was replaced he hiked 11 miles with me with some significant elevation gains.

Good luck and hope you feel much better in a few weeks.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yikes!!! I'm sure all will go well. Just hope it's not me someday...

GET WELL SOON!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Wishing the best with your surgery. Please keep us posted as to how it all went.

I'm interested in this as I have been have on again/ off again problems with my left hip.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You’ll be up and around in no time Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Hunthelp, by the time you read this your surgery will be in the rear view mirror. A little over 3 years ago I had the same anterior total hip replacement of my left hip. It has been nothing short of amazing. Time to get the right hip to match my bionic left one.

Best of luck with your rehab and rapid recovery.

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I pray for a good outcome.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife, now 70, fell 2 years ago in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. She fell on a rock and broke her hip. The next day she had it surgically replaced by an excellent Mexican Orthopedic Doc.

A few months later she was fine and now 2 years later she forgets it happened. She did all of the rehab the Dr suggested.

Note: Do The Damn Rehab. Repeat after me.....

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS...DO what the PT

quote:
Note: Do The Damn Rehab. Repeat after me.....

See the above. Do the PT!

Good luck. It's damn near routine now.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
I’m alive.
I’ve walked some.
Switched from synthetic morphine to vicodin for pain.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Important future safety tip. When explaining why the airport detector went off do not say "I'm packing a rod".

My grade school teacher's mother did that. They had no sense of humor.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
I got word Tuesday afternoon to report to the hospital at 5 a.m. (2 hours earlier) on Wednesday.
I got home yesterday at 3 p.m.
In and out in 33 hours.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I had my right hip done in 2015 at 42. A combination of an ACL tear when I was 19, hip dysplasia, and construction work.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a speedy recovery.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunthelp:
I’m alive.
I’ve walked some.
Switched from synthetic morphine to vicodin for pain.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

YAY!!!!!!!!

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
glad it was successful

wish you a very speedy recovery

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's quite nice to have this surgery in your rear view mirror, well done. I send in another prayer for a healthy and speedy recovery. I remember some recent surgery a few years back that required to keep me very stabilized and pain free, the nurse would jokingly come in and ask if I'm ready for one of her speciality cocktails. After administration of one, I had a very vivid hallucination that I thought I was back home and couldn't quite figure out when I painted my walls green Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post